yconic - How'd Campus Life?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

How'd Campus Life?

A photo of waazup waazup
Hi, I'm considering going on campus when I graduate in 2012.

How is the life there?

The biggest thing I'm concerned about is studying environment. Do you usually have a roommate with the plan you choose with them?

If yes, then there arise many problems. You can get stuff stolen, less privacy, and the biggest one: How do you study?

Personally I need a good room, lighting and quietness to study. Does noise from other room come in? I think I'm thinking too "movie-like" because I don't think anyone really parties..

Anyways having a roommate CAN be good if you make good relations with them I guess.
I know living on campus is GREAT for extracurricular involvement since you can stay as long as you want and go any time you want for school affiliated clubs/meetings.

Any other info would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
It's really hard to say.
It depends on the school you're attending and where you're living.
A lot of first year students do end up having a room mate, but if you're one of the lucky ones who end up being selected for a single room, you can have a room to yourself, but it is quite a bit more expensive.
You don't have to study in your room either, most students actually don't because it's so noisy. A lot of residences have quiet study rooms, or if you're living on campus, you're just a few minutes away from the campus library or whatever other facility they have available for quiet studying.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Konstiin Konstiin
In concurrence with the above poster, it absolutely depends on the university.

I don't think that anyone would go to a university if it didn't have anywhere to study, though.

In residences themselves, however, whether you're in a single or if you have a roommate, it will be loud.

I know that my school has quiet time - in the week or so before final exams you can only 'make noise' one hour of every day, and every saturday. The best choice is the library, though. Often the library will have a quiet study room, and just as often the library will have cubicles you can study in.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of waazup waazup
Umm what if I found a place near the campus, but it's cheaper? Would they let me stay here? Or is on campus the cheapest and best way to go..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of gassergasser gassergasser
I dunno, what universities are you thinking of applying to?

It usually depends on that, or at least that's what people tell me.

I'm also a grade 11 in Brampton...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
Like the above poster said, it depends on the university, once again.
If you decide to attend a university close to a big city, such as U of T.. I can imagine that renting an apartment nearby wouldn't be too cheap, but it depends on how lucky you get.
Might be able to find a cheap place nearby if you're lucky.
Also depends on how far you're willing to travel to get to school everyday.
Was this helpful? Yes 0