yconic - I am absolutely and utterly confused with what to do with my life.
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

I am absolutely and utterly confused with what to do with my life.

A photo of xxMoonCakezxx xxMoonCakezxx
And I hate this feeling.
I am in 12th Grade and no, not staying back for a year/semester.

I applied to science programs AND business programs. I haven't taken any business courses in school but I think I'm pretty good at Advanced Functions/Calculus.

The sad thing is I thought that I would know more by the time I got accepted, but now I've been accepted to 3/7 programs I applied to (mostly my backups) and I'm still just as confused as ever.

/end rant
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of Haru Haru
give it some time. don't force yourself to make a decision right now cuz it just won't work. explore possible career options and talk to as many people as possible. you still have time to decide. just wait for all your offers to come and choose the best then. right now, stick to researching! :)

p.s. i know how you feel!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of NumberOne NumberOne

@Haru wrote
give it some time. don't force yourself to make a decision right now cuz it just won't work. explore possible career options and talk to as many people as possible. you still have time to decide. just wait for all your offers to come and choose the best then. right now, stick to researching! :)

p.s. i know how you feel!

+1

Don't just to conclusions. Wait till your entire hand is dealt and then play your cards.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
Like everyone said, take it easy and give it some time.
You don't need to decide for sure what you want to specialize in until your third year really.
So when you get to university, take a bunch of different courses, especially in your first year. Everyone takes the same kind of general courses, anyways. Take courses in different disciplines and see which ones you like best and take it from there.
You may find that you're good at math now but that would totally change once you hit post-secondary.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of littleroom littleroom
People change their majors and jobs all the time. Just make sure you do well to keep your options open when you do discover your passion.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of VegaKrazmych VegaKrazmych
If you do decide you want to change after you get to university, don't wait too long. But, be careful not to rush into the decision.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sjlewis1708 sjlewis1708

@xxMoonCakezxx wrote
And I hate this feeling.
I am in 12th Grade and no, not staying back for a year/semester.

I applied to science programs AND business programs. I haven't taken any business courses in school but I think I'm pretty good at Advanced Functions/Calculus.

The sad thing is I thought that I would know more by the time I got accepted, but now I've been accepted to 3/7 programs I applied to (mostly my backups) and I'm still just as confused as ever.

/end rant

Hey there!
My advice is chose the best school you can get into that has a wide variety of subjects you could major in and in your first year take as many random courses you can to get a feel of potential career paths. If you find something that you are really happy with and do well in then explore it more and take more courses in that subject. I dont know about your school but I dont have to declare my major and minor until the end of second year or the start of third so it gives you a lot of time to look and find something that you really have a passion for...hope this helps!
good luck
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of StudentAtStPats StudentAtStPats
Didn't they just start giving out Early Acceptances? You still have time...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of peterjs peterjs
Think of where you can make the biggest difference and be the happiest
Was this helpful? Yes 0