yconic - I am confused :S
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

I am confused :S

A photo of Cookie94 Cookie94
My grade 11 marks suck. like not even a 80 avg i got stuck at a 79.3
anywho i did do 3 grade 12 courses in grade 11 averaging out to a 84 (77eng,84af,90bmgt)
so if i submit my ouac thing now will they consider those marks?
Because i am redoing af and eng this year.

Im applying to
1. UTSC co-op mgt
2. Uoft miss. -management
3. Rotman com.
4. Ryerson mgt
5. Human resource mgt at york
6. Schulich BBA(if i really step my game up)

I think i have pretty good ec's. With my redo's I expect like hopefully a high 80 and by a long shot a lowlow 90.

So what i need to know is
1. Should i submit the app
2. Which ones am i guaranteed to get into?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of jelly jelly
I don't know about HR management at York, but you have a very good chance at Ryerson (81 admission avg). UTM's admission average is around 84% I believe, Rotman, UTSC and Schulich are all higher.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Thanks for the reply :). I am definately going to end up in the mid-high 80's range maybe even a 90. Does that change my chances? Also I know Rotman has some english issues. And all the uoft's have a redo issue. Do you know what they do if you do a course twice?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Viking21 Viking21

@Cookie94 wrote
Thanks for the reply :). I am definately going to end up in the mid-high 80's range maybe even a 90. Does that change my chances? Also I know Rotman has some english issues. And all the uoft's have a redo issue. Do you know what they do if you do a course twice?

Im pretty sure they only look at the first attempt.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aeryn aeryn
Yeah, Rotman only looks at first attempts. Schulich takes your highest attempt, but you have to explain why you retook it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mundane12321 mundane12321

@Cookie94 wrote
My grade 11 marks suck. like not even a 80 avg i got stuck at a 79.3
anywho i did do 3 grade 12 courses in grade 11 averaging out to a 84 (77eng,84af,90bmgt)
so if i submit my ouac thing now will they consider those marks?
Because i am redoing af and eng this year.

Im applying to
1. UTSC co-op mgt
2. Uoft miss. -management
3. Rotman com.
4. Ryerson mgt
5. Human resource mgt at york
6. Schulich BBA(if i really step my game up)

I think i have pretty good ec's. With my redo's I expect like hopefully a high 80 and by a long shot a lowlow 90.

So what i need to know is
1. Should i submit the app
2. Which ones am i guaranteed to get into?

1. UTSC co-op mgt: unlikely i know they look at eng and math critically. a lot of my friends from last year with mid high 80s got rejected. or you'll get accepted without co-op.
2. Uoft miss. -management: probably. less competitive than UTSC with co-op
3. Rotman commerce: probably not because of english
4. Ryerson mgt: yes
5. Human resource mgt at york: yes
6. Schulich BBA(if i really step my game up): most likely not without a 90
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Thanks everyone for the reply.
I feel so "Stuck" at the moment. There is no proper place i could apply. My parents want me to get a bba not a bcom. Would it make any difference if i had really good ec's.
I know leadership counts for a lot and ive been a part of that for 4 years. Everything from penny drives to being a camp facilatator. Peer mediation, prom comitee, eco club, Global Spectrum, Ceo's of tom, Library volunteer, and i plan on taking part in the business competitions.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aeryn aeryn

@Cookie94 wrote
Thanks everyone for the reply.
I feel so "Stuck" at the moment. There is no proper place i could apply. My parents want me to get a bba not a bcom.

Are you talking about just the degrees? Because if you are, you should let your parents know that they're pretty much the same thing.

If by BBA you're talking about the Schulich BBA, then...yes, strong EC's will help immensely, but only if you are already over the threshold of a 90+ average.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@aeryn wrote
Are you talking about just the degrees? Because if you are, you should let your parents know that they're pretty much the same thing.

If by BBA you're talking about the Schulich BBA, then...yes, strong EC's will help immensely, but only if you are already over the threshold of a 90+ average.

You see I come from a place where a bcom values a bit above nothing. People are engineers and doctors. Not even a "BBA" is considered something to boast about. Its frustrating, I dont want to let them down and I feel like im over stressing.

Btw i think those are good EC's would you agree?
I am really relying on those for the co-op mgt at UTSC. If i do pull up to a mid to high 80 do you think those EC's would be enough to get me in?
Was this helpful? Yes 0