yconic - I DONT GET IT. WHY IS NO ONE ACCEPTING ME?!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

I DONT GET IT. WHY IS NO ONE ACCEPTING ME?!

A photo of rodrigm021 rodrigm021
Okay! I am sooooo stressed out!
I applied to
University of Toronto-Human Biology
University of TorontoSC Human Biology
York University- Biomedical Science
Ryerson University- Medical Physics

OKAY. I applied since December 16th. My grade 11 average is 85.5. I'm not sure whether that is really high, BUT i have friends who have gotten into ryerson and york with MUCH lower grade 11 averages than mine.

When am I going to be accepted? This is stressing me out to the max!
What is going to happen?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of jelly jelly
Calm your sh*t bro... it's January for god's sake.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of HaileyClara HaileyClara
Don't stress about it yet, it's still early.
Schools have different scheduals for sending out their offers, even with great grades, you may not get your offer for a few months.
if you can't handle the stress of it, call the schools administration office.
I did because i was worried about getting into my program, but i called and explained it all to me.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cherrypie725 cherrypie725
I had a 95% grade 11 average and 98% first term grade 12 and I haven't heard back from anywhere. Relax, people who have been accepted are a minority.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of rodrigm021 rodrigm021
Oh I see. Cool. I'm kind of new to the whole university experience. But everyday my friends come to me and tell me about an acceptance they got from a university, and my grades are ten thousand times better than theirs and I GET SOOOO SCARED and worried, that its really stressful.

I will give them a call, after a couple of days if I don't hear anything.
But I will continue to work my butt off and get my grade 12 grades up because they matter the most. My grade 12 average is at around 88 right now, I'm trying to work for that 90.

Cross your fingers. I hope I get in :) / :(

Oh and you guys are welcome to tell me about your experiences. Being the first kid to try to go to university in my family is really scary, since I have no idea what I'm doing. teehee.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cliffhanger33 cliffhanger33
Don't worry. It really depends on the program. There is absolutely nothing to stress about. It isn't too common for universities to give out acceptances at this time, unless they offer rolling admissions like UWO. If not, you will most likely hear from them in Feb-March, or even until May-August. It doesn't matter when you get in, as long as you get in. The end result is the same.

Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bcd92 bcd92
awww you poor thing. Im sure you'll get in somewhere. Dont worry; keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best :) Good Luck!

ps. university stuff is pretty scary. Take it from someone who applied to 9 programs and only got into 1 till now=(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aquarius aquarius

@rodrigm021 wrote
Okay! I am sooooo stressed out!
I applied to
University of Toronto-Human Biology
University of TorontoSC Human Biology
York University- Biomedical Science
Ryerson University- Medical Physics

OKAY. I applied since December 16th. My grade 11 average is 85.5. I'm not sure whether that is really high, BUT i have friends who have gotten into ryerson and york with MUCH lower grade 11 averages than mine.

When am I going to be accepted? This is stressing me out to the max!
What is going to happen?

I got accepted couple of days ago at Waterloo for Life Science with 80% average on my Grade 11 marks but having said that I had also completed Grade 12 English, Psychology,Economics and advanced Functions all last year with 94% average. My mid term marks this year is around 91%. I have no clue what they are looking at or how they are calculating the averages but most likely my early acceptance could have been based on my finished Grade 12 subjects which I did last year and I'm at a non semestered school.

I have read many times in this forum ,that nobody gets early acceptance into any program unless your Grade 11 marks is in the 90's. I now know for a fact that is not true at all based on my acceptance.

So be patient, I'm sure you'll be hearing from them soon!!

Good Luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0