yconic - I don't understand my conditional offer
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

I don't understand my conditional offer

A photo of Katarina101 Katarina101
I got a conditional offer from York University a couple of weeks ago, but I don't understand one of my conditions, it says: "This offer of admission may be rescinded if you do not maintain your admission average in your six Grade 12 U or M/OAC courses, including the prerequisite courses for your program, until the end of the school year when we receive your final grades"

My average in grade 11 was an 86, does that mean I have to keep that average??

Cause if I do, my average right now in my 4 grade 12 courses is 82, can I still get in?

My estimated average will be an 81-84, please shed some light, Im freaking out, this is my number one choice.

By the way, I applied to York's Social Work program (BSW).

I want to get in so badly, please translate this condition.

Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of Mas40 Mas40
I dont think that they mean your 86 average, but rather the acceptance average of the program that you recieved the offer from. not sure though...

hope this helps:)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Thanks, you partially relieved me, I actually feel way better :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of random random
They mean the minimum average for your program, not your Grade 11 average. Keep in mind that your admission average is calculated from your best "six Grade 12 U or M/OAC courses, including the prerequisite courses for your program", which means the 82 average from your 4 courses right now is not a good indication of your admission average. It would be higher if you count your best 6 by the end of the school year.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Thank goodness. This semester is the hardest, next semester is a lot less for me. I just have to work hard for english, which should not be a problem since I am like the best at writing. Last year I got an 85 in English, I'm so relieved that's going in my average. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0