yconic - I feel like its over.
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

I feel like its over.

A photo of TiffanyYu TiffanyYu
So I haven't exactly been doing well due to my health issues. soo my grades are as followed.

Biology - 78
Chemistry - 71
Physics - 65

as for World Issues. I'm planning on dropping it. Even though i'll be a credit short. (Planning on taking a summer course)

My question is; will a university still accept me even though I am missing a credit, but HAVE EVERY INTENTION OF TAKING IT IN SUMMER && If I get my average up to a 85+ during finals?

UofT - Neuroscience
Ryerson - Psychology
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of SmartyPup SmartyPup
I really am not sure, I would talk to your guidance councellor. Best of luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Hakureikken Hakureikken
you definitely want to talk to your counsellor about this. Best of luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KingSRK KingSRK
In addition to talking with your guidance counsellor, I recommend that you call the universities you have applied to and see if they will take any extenuating circumstances into account. If so you'll be able to tell them about whatever's caused your grades to fall, given it's a valid excuse. A health issue usually is.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jack555 Jack555
no one on this forum could give u an accurate answer. talk to your guidance councillor and call the universities
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jsonga Jsonga
Why not finish World Issues so you don't have to risk not getting accepted due to missing a credit?

If you complete all your credits and pull your average up by finals I'm sure you'll receive a late acceptance, though, is achieving an 85+ with your current grades realistic?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of TiffanyYu TiffanyYu

@Jsonga wrote
Why not finish World Issues so you don't have to risk not getting accepted due to missing a credit?

If you complete all your credits and pull your average up by finals I'm sure you'll receive a late acceptance, though, is achieving an 85+ with your current grades realistic?

My teacher recently found out she isn't returning to the school next year. Since hearing the news her behaviour changed drastically. Shes absent constantly and having subs isn't going to help my average. So I can't take world issues.

As for my grade goal, it is, considering i recently got 100 on both my recent bio & chem tests and the only reason my physics mark is so low, is because I entered late.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aquarius aquarius

@TiffanyYu wrote

@Jsonga wrote

My teacher recently found out she isn't returning to the school next year. Since hearing the news her behaviour changed drastically. Shes absent constantly and having subs isn't going to help my average. So I can't take world issues.

As for my grade goal, it is, considering i recently got 100 on both my recent bio & chem tests and the only reason my physics mark is so low, is because I entered late.

You should continue with the class if you want an offer before June and if your final mark you fail they can put you on probation until you complete it in summer/online class. Most universities will not give you an offer without 6 subjects BUT I know you can call some up Universities like York and Ryerson late August and send in your transcripts then if they still have spots left. Another alternate is applying for Dalhousie as you only need 5 U or M with min 70% average . Their application is still open .

Good Luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0