yconic - I feel.... proud
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

I feel.... proud

A photo of Gucci Gucci
My junior years of high school grade 9-10 were very terrible. I didn't have ambitions, plainly, I didn't care about school that much. (50-65 averages, failing courses)

Now, in grade 11. I am proud to be at the top of my class in most of my classes (even tho I am taking many G10 courses)

English Academic G10 - 95

G11 Accounting - 85

Applied Math G10 - 90 (Taking academic in summer school, need to get into those 4U math courses)

When I told my counsellor I wanted to switch from applied to academic english, she had some doubts. I told her not to judge me by my 9-10 marks because I was now actually going to put in an effort. Look what happenend.

Even tho I'm in grade 10/11 courses, I still feel confident these high 80's and low 90's will continue throughout my entire high school years. My friends are astonished that I am surpassing them in grades simply because they viewed me as an average/below average student throughout these years.

Was this helpful? Yes 0
14 replies

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
Good job, you should feel proud!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup

@Gucci wrote
My junior years of high school grade 9-10 were very terrible. I didn't have ambitions, plainly, I didn't care about school that much. (50-65 averages, failing courses)

Now, in grade 11. I am proud to be at the top of my class in most of my classes (even tho I am taking many G10 courses)

English Academic G10 - 95

G11 Accounting - 85

Applied Math G10 - 90 (Taking academic in summer school, need to get into those 4U math courses)

When I told my counsellor I wanted to switch from applied to academic english, she had some doubts. I told her not to judge me by my 9-10 marks because I was now actually going to put in an effort. Look what happenend.

Even tho I'm in grade 10/11 courses, I still feel confident these high 80's and low 90's will continue throughout my entire high school years. My friends are astonished that I am surpassing them in grades simply because they viewed me as an average/below average student throughout these years.

Good for you! Keep up the great work!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jagseer Jagseer
good job, but dont let it get to ur head.
You still have a long way to go and u should keep trying to improve
Dont be satisfied with where you are
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Gucci Gucci

@Jagseer wrote
good job, but dont let it get to ur head.
You still have a long way to go and u should keep trying to improve
Dont be satisfied with where you are

Ya you're right. Like I said, I know it's still early in high school, But I am confident and I definitely will not be accepting anything less than a 90 average during my final year of school.

When I am in this mindset, it seems like nothing will and can stop me.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@Gucci wrote
When I am in this mindset, it seems like nothing will and can stop me.

Jinxed
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
^
Knock on wood.
:batman:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ChubbyNotebook ChubbyNotebook
Old habits die hard. You won't make it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia

@ChubbyNotebook wrote

Dang..
and out comes Debbie Downer.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@ChubbyNotebook wrote

Don't listen to that ^

You'll make it (: stick to your new priorities. I was mediocre at best in gr 9+10, because there was no pressure to do amazing, unlike gr 11+12. Now I'm pulling in a 95-96% average in all my science + math courses. Maybe you are like me and thrive under pressure :P

Good job!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of peterv peterv
keep up that up OP.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of theboydetective theboydetective
Same here. Though I wouldn't profess pride myself (not meaning to undermine your admission). I definitely don't regret slacking off my first two years. I sort of saturated myself with all the debauchery that many of my academically-inclined peers are now just beginning to indulge in at a time where it will obviously have a more negative impact than it would have if they had "gotten it out of the way" earlier, as I did.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of tuzzer tuzzer

@Gucci wrote

Yup, don't let the school counselor discourage you. You should always get your way.
When I was in grade 11, my mid-term mark for my gr.11 math course was 57, and gr. 11 physic was like 75. I asked the school counselor saying that I really liked physics and wanted to fast-track physic, taking gr.12 physics in the second semester. The counselor thought I was crazy and after some talking I got my time table changed. But I remember she said something like "You could be walking into the middle of the road and die ran over by a car. I tried pull you back but you are not listening. So it's not my problem if you die." I was pretty surprise that she said that but she had her reason....

It turned out that I end up with a 93 in my gr. 12 physics the next semester, and now I am still doing relatively well in engineering at UW. But note that it didn't happen by magic, i did work really hard for it, such as doing every single question in the physics textbook and practicing with the SIN physic exam questions.

Ya, don't believe in anyone except for yourself!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of rawrImChris rawrImChris
OP role model?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Gucci Gucci

@rawrImChris wrote
OP role model?

Patrick Bateman
Was this helpful? Yes 0