yconic - I got accepted to mcgill, but i recently did horribly on my mock practice exams
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

I got accepted to mcgill, but i recently did horribly on my mock practice exams

A photo of asian123 asian123
Im doing the IB diploma and my predicted was 36/42 points (mcgill require 35).
They sent me a mail, saying i have to maintain my current standards and get the diploma. I also called them and they said that unless i fail, they wont revoke my accpetance.

However, in my practice mock exams which we had in february to help prepare for the final exams, i dropped to 28/42 points. (had lots of problems, family etc..).

Will this count for anything?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of IBDiplomaStudent IBDiplomaStudent
no, i am also taking diploma and did horribly in my mock exams. I don't know how your school works but McGill will never even see my mock results(i am predicted 35 and got 28)...your conditional is on passing Diploma so as long as you do that, which should be easy since you are predicted 36, you will be fine.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

thank god. its great to see someone who is in the same position as me.
are u also applying to mcgill?
where do u study?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of IBDiplomaStudent IBDiplomaStudent
i pm'd you
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jack555 Jack555
lol love the username......asian123
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of North North
Mock exams mean nothing for IB.

Just study hard for the real ones in May.

I finished my diploma last year and I didn't find anything too bad. Just make sure you sleep enough and study during the day so you're well rested for each paper.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Jack555 wrote
lol love the username......asian123

thanks, i put a lot of effort into it
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@North wrote

I finished my diploma last year and I didn't find anything too bad. Just make sure you sleep enough and study during the day so you're well rested for each paper.

thank u. are u sure on that? I will do much better for the finals and thaks for the random tip
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of North North

@asian123 wrote

@North wrote

thank u. are u sure on that? I will do much better for the finals and thaks for the random tip

Yes. We didn't even do mock exams.
Was this helpful? Yes 0