yconic - I got accepted to UBC.... but can I get rejected after?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

I got accepted to UBC.... but can I get rejected after?

A photo of whatsthat whatsthat
my status says:
Congratulations! You will soon receive a package in the mail that includes your offer of admission. Your offer of admission is based on the information you provided through the Self Reporting system. We will confirm that information with data provided by the Ministry of Education in May.

I did really well in my April report card but I know my average is going to drop at least 4-5% at the end of school year... should I be worried?

p.s: and should I accept my offer now? I have already decided to go to UBC
Was this helpful? Yes 0
10 replies

A photo of Zion Zion
Why is your average going to drop 4-5%? Are you planning on skipping a lot?

I'd accept your offer if you're set on UBC. But it is a conditional offer. They'll check your self-reported grades against your official transcript. The "package" they're sending you should specify what sort of average you need to maintain to not have your offer rescinded; if not, contact them.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Cuiter23 Cuiter23

@whatsthat wrote
my status says:
Congratulations! You will soon receive a package in the mail that includes your offer of admission. Your offer of admission is based on the information you provided through the Self Reporting system. We will confirm that information with data provided by the Ministry of Education in May.

I did really well in my April report card but I know my average is going to drop at least 4-5% at the end of school year... should I be worried?

p.s: and should I accept my offer now? I have already decided to go to UBC

I phoned them and apparently, the conditional is 67%. Just try your best and don't slack off too much. Although I dont recommend getting a 67 LOL.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Flooks Flooks
Yup the 67% is correct, if you get "early" admission, u need to keep a 67% average, they said they dont want to revoke offers because it messes up the amount of ppl accepted to the university
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
Any offer you get is going to be conditional. UBC's conditions are only 67%, which is surprisingly low, in my opinion.
You will be fine with a 4-5% drop, but I don't see how on Earth that could happen.. you would have to drop quite a LOT in each of your top 4 courses for your accumulative average to drop that much...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of whatsthat whatsthat
thanks guys. its because I got high 90s on one of my courses and I don't think I can maintain it at that :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Hug Hug
So when u say u have to maintain 67% average, does it mean that u have to maintain at least 67% on the 4 courses that u used to get in or all the courses in high school?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Hug wrote
So when u say u have to maintain 67% average, does it mean that u have to maintain at least 67% on the 4 courses that u used to get in or all the courses in high school?

yea, its top 4 courses you used for admission at least 67%
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CrimeJustice CrimeJustice
so UBC doesnt look at term 3 at all? =(
garrrr and im working so hard right now too >.<
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@CrimeJustice wrote

Im not sure about outside bc, but for bc they only see if you maintained the conditional mark for T3.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CrimeJustice CrimeJustice

@Cuiter23 wrote

@CrimeJustice wrote

Im not sure about outside bc, but for bc they only see if you maintained the conditional mark for T3.

ooh okay thanks! I live in bc =)
its just that i think my final average will be lower than my second and third term average since i didnt do that well in the first term T___T
Was this helpful? Yes 0