yconic - I have 7 courses for Grade 12, failing one of them.
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

I have 7 courses for Grade 12, failing one of them.

A photo of S41nTsBuRY S41nTsBuRY
I have 6 courses for grade 12 (3 in first semester, 3 in second semester) as well as a grade 12 credit from taking piano classes (can this credit be used in top 6 too?). I'm doing absolutely terribly in grade 12 accounting BAT4M. I think I'll be getting like a mid 50s mark once first semester report cards come in. Assuming I do well in all of my other courses (my other first semester courses are fine), and I use my music credit as one of my top 6 (so basically the accounting course isn't in top 6), will I be okay? I signed up for virtual school for this course anyways, but in case I don't get a spot in virtual school, will universities reject me because of this super low mark?

I want to go to Ryerson for business (Business Management preferred; I also applied to Business Technology Management and Retail Management).
Was this helpful? Yes 0
11 replies

A photo of erudite erudite
If it's not in your top 6, then you're fine.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joshki Joshki

@S41nTsBuRY wrote
as well as a grade 12 credit from taking piano classes (can this credit be used in top 6 too?).

What's the course-code?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Joshki wrote

@S41nTsBuRY wrote
as well as a grade 12 credit from taking piano classes (can this credit be used in top 6 too?).

What's the course-code?

The course code is AMX4M1.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cookietiara cookietiara
That should be fine. Only one 'M' course can be used in your top 6, by the way.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@cookietiara wrote

Are you sure? Ryerson's website just says you need 6 U or M courses. I'm screwed if I can only use 1 M course........
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joshki Joshki

@cookietiara wrote

I think the number of M courses that most universities accept is no more than 2. not sure about ryerson
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Well, the Ryerson website just says 6 U or M courses, so I guess I'm good right? The website doesn't mention anything about having a maximum number of M courses.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jack555 Jack555
when i applied last year to a number of schools, the most i saw was M courses being restricted to 2.

never, ever heard of 1.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cookietiara cookietiara
The guidance counsellors at my school said 1 M course was the limit.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aquarius aquarius

@cookietiara wrote
The guidance counsellors at my school said 1 M course was the limit.

That is incorrect. Most universities does say 6U or M courses. Some have pre req's .eg if it's Science then it's obviously you are going to need U courses and the last 2 out of the 6 required can be M courses. But in your case if there is no pre req other than English , you can use all M courses.

If in doubt , call the University admission department.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of xoblackout xoblackout

@S41nTsBuRY wrote
Well, the Ryerson website just says 6 U or M courses, so I guess I'm good right? The website doesn't mention anything about having a maximum number of M courses.

It's only the competitive programs that restrict it to 2 M courses.

I emailed one admissions person and he said there's no limit.

I highly doubt Ryerson will put a limit on M courses...I think it's mostly just like Mac Health Sciences or something.

If it doesn't say "2 M courses max" then you're good.
Was this helpful? Yes 0