yconic - I miss the stress.
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

I miss the stress.

A photo of Jesseyeahh Jesseyeahh
I think about half, or maybe even the majority of people here, have gotten a conditional offer by now. I did and now there's no anticipation for anything until may/june when course selection starts. I can't believe I am saying this, but I miss waiting to hear from universities.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
10 replies

A photo of newguy1 newguy1
Congrats on getting in and I really don't think I want anymore of this stress. :P

Im sort of in a 50/50 situation on getting in my programs. Only got accepted to one (Western BMOS) not even ivey...

The others... no responses.

ahhhh just feel lucky you got in already lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
First off - congrats on your acceptances! :)
I think that's true for about.. half of us.
A lot of us want to get into schools that don't start giving out acceptances till early-mid March.. some even in April, so there's still a bit of anticipation there.
For me personally, though, since I go to a linear school.. term 2 is over, and that's the marks universities use, so that pressure is off my shoulders.
At the same time though, I have supplementals still to do for UBC.. ongoing until March 15th.. so I've still got that under my belt, as well as scholarship essays!
Ahhh..
Academic wise though, I can already feel myself starting to let go.
It's been a tough last year.. I think it's time to relax!
On a brighter note - 1.5 more weeks until spring break!
:cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of smarty1 smarty1

@cyynthiia wrote

Ahhh..
Academic wise though, I can already feel myself starting to let go.
It's been a tough last year.. I think it's time to relax!
On a brighter note - 1.5 more weeks until spring break!

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jesseyeahh Jesseyeahh
haha, thanks guys.

I was really anxious a couple months ago, and the only thing I wanted to hear was "accepted". I know it seems overwhelming now, but maybe once you are past it, it will make more sense.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Are you serious?? How can you MISS STRESS? It is ridiculous!

I get teased every day because all of my friends have been accepted and I haven't yet! I absolutely can't stand waiting for universities to respond! It's the worst thing of life! :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I haven't been accepted yet....... Probably because I'm a minority.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of VegaKrazmych VegaKrazmych
I sort of know how you mean. I don't have an offer yet, but all my grades are finalized. It's a lot harder to motivate yourself.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of prmly prmly
I'm not stressed, but moreso worried as hell.

Didn't get accepted into McGill for early admission, so now I have to work my goddamn tail off this semester to achieve an appropriate average. This will be difficult considered my classes this semester aren't my best.

Okay, nevermind -- I am stressed.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I have not missed, do not miss, and will not miss stress.

SPRING BREAK COME ON! lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Jesseyeahh wrote
I think about half, or maybe even the majority of people here, have gotten a conditional offer by now. I did and now there's no anticipation for anything until may/june when course selection starts. I can't believe I am saying this, but I miss waiting to hear from universities.

I completely agree with you on this one. Stressing for months after applying and then getting in with an early acceptance. It's really a double edge sword. I'm so happy I got in... but I miss checking online everyday, asking questions, searching forums, building more anticipation. Now all I have to do is sit on my ass and wait around for 6 months. :silent: lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0