yconic - I need help with my second semester schedule please!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

I need help with my second semester schedule please!

A photo of tinamansoori tinamansoori
Currently for my second semester, I have the following:

English U
Biology U
Chemistry U
Challenge and Changes M

Is my semester really hard? I am thinking about maybe taking Writer's Craft as an online course since there is no exam to it and I heard that with online courses you can work at your own pace. Also, is the online teacher a teacher at your school that is teaching the course? I need to take four courses next semester, which is why I wanted to know whether I should keep the family studies course or if I should go for Writer's Craft. I am someone who writes a lot and can get very detail-oriented. I also already took a family studies course this semester if that helps. I need all the advice I can get! (: Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of bcd92 bcd92
Yes, i think its going to be really hard. Bio and Chem in the same semester sucks. If its really about making your semester easier why not go for a course like food and nutrition? Its also an M course. I personally wouldn't go for writers craft or challenge and change. Both courses are relatively easier, but time consuming. And with BIO and CHEM, you need all the time you can get. Good luck(:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of xoblackout xoblackout

@tinamansoori wrote
Currently for my second semester, I have the following:

English U
Biology U
Chemistry U
Challenge and Changes M

Is my semester really hard? I am thinking about maybe taking Writer's Craft as an online course since there is no exam to it and I heard that with online courses you can work at your own pace. Also, is the online teacher a teacher at your school that is teaching the course? I need to take four courses next semester, which is why I wanted to know whether I should keep the family studies course or if I should go for Writer's Craft. I am someone who writes a lot and can get very detail-oriented. I also already took a family studies course this semester if that helps. I need all the advice I can get! (: Thanks!

Hey! English is easy, chem/bio you have to work hard on..

anyway, i'm taking writers craft and individuals in a diverse society (family studies) and I'm getting over 90% in both courses.

Writer's Craft is just writing, writing, writing! Like you're just going to have to write short stories and stuff...and if you're into writing, like I am, you'll absolutely love it! It's not hard AT ALL; it's pretty fun, but only if you like writing. So I think this may be a lot better for you!

If you want the easiest course, take Family Studies. There are a LOT of assignments (a loooooooooooot) but it's so stupid and extremely easy. I'm getting the highest marks in my class for that course (lol) but it's definitely time consuming because it's a lot of memorizing and small assignments.

So weigh out the pros/cons of both. Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
You Ontario kids are weak. In my grade 12 year I took bio, chem, physics, history, English and calculus all full year...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of tinamansoori tinamansoori

@ktel wrote
You Ontario kids are weak. In my grade 12 year I took bio, chem, physics, history, English and calculus all full year...

So in your opinion, my grades shouldn't suffer from this workload?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of napinhei napinhei
You know yourself better than anyone else. Do you have aptitude for those subjects? Do you work really hard 100% of the time?

Some people are better at managing their time, focusing, and generally just doing well than other people are. Therefore, just because other people can, doesn't mean you can and vice versa.

If you have the dedication and motivation to take on that work load, you will be fine. And aptitude for those subjects will help so look at what you've gotten in the past. If you think you may struggle or believe you aren't strong enough in those subjects to handle them all at once, go with your gut and change some of the courses.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
What napinhei said. Just because I did well doesn't mean you will. It's certainly possible, only you know yourself
Was this helpful? Yes 0