yconic - I need help with UBC Admissions.
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

I need help with UBC Admissions.

A photo of prmly prmly
Okay, so when I applied back in the beginning of December, I was set on Commerce. Now I'm not. It was my first choice whereas Arts was my second. I'm not planning on sending in the required supplemental app, so when the deadline passes, will they just disregard my first choice and evaluate me for my second? Do I contact them and say I don't want Commerce anymore or will that message be sent loud and clear when I don't fill out the app?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of AlClo AlClo
I have no idea, but I'd say ask your counsellor at school. Even if they don't know, they can at least help you figure out who to contact at UBC.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ghimire ghimire
Contact a UBC represenatative or the school
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
The cut-off is raised for second choices, so it's probably best to call them and tell them Arts is your first choice. But keep in mind that UBC offers an Economics major in both Arts and Commerce.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of prmly prmly
Thanks for the answers, everyone. I simply called in and it was changed in the matter of minutes!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of VegaKrazmych VegaKrazmych
You want to be sure to change it, because UBC raises the average that they admit at for the faculty of arts for the people who select it as their second choice, I heard.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Aplinee Aplinee
yea, the representatives are quite nice at the UBC enrollment services, glad they changed it for you
Was this helpful? Yes 0