yconic - I need some clearification
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

I need some clearification

A photo of Virtuoso Virtuoso
Okay so, after the University announces the cut-off does that mean everyone that meets the cut-off will get accepted or what? Thanks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of Kareemy Kareemy
Could you elaborate on what you mean by "cut-off"? Is this for acceptance to a certain program, and the "cut-off" is the last day students will be accepted? Usually there are only cut-offs for applications to programs, scholarships, residence etc, but the only cut-off that I can see occurring before June 1st would be for scholarship acceptances.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
Universities don't announce cut-offs until they accept absolutely everyone. Then they publish their "cutoff" as the absolute lowest mark that was accepted (or the average of the 5 lowest, etc.) and this is their "cutoff" for this year. Of course this only applies to schools with no supplementaries.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Virtuoso Virtuoso
I gave a call to Laurier about the double degree program (BBA/FinMath) they said that they are looking at a cut off around an 88%. So I was wondering if I am at or above the cut-off does that mean I will get an offer?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Viking21 Viking21
according their website...the program ur referring to was 88% and the laurier BBA is 86%...but im guessing that was last years cut offs
Was this helpful? Yes 0