yconic - I still haven't received anything: no offer or rejection
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

I still haven't received anything: no offer or rejection

A photo of xxalyssa xxalyssa
And it is making me anxious. My marks are significantly lower than my grade 11 marks. I had an 85 average last year, and about an 81 this year.

I applied to UWO Health Sci and Foods and Nutrition, Guelph's Applied Science in Applied Human Nutrition and McMaster Life Science in Biology/Psychology.

Midterm 2nd Semester Marks
Bio: 86
English: 85
Math: 75
Religion: 73 (We only had 5 assessments in our midterm mark so while I got 90s-100 in most of them, that one 54 brought my mark down significantly)

Final 1st Semester Marks
Yearbook: 82
Art: 81
French: 80
Chem: 76 (had an 82 before the exam. Most brutal high school exam ever. Almost everyone dropped at least 4% afterward)

So I'm sitting with about an 80.8% for Guelph and McMaster. I wrote the SPF for Guelph and I don't really care for McMaster.
An 81.5% for UWO health sci and an 82.5% for foods and nutrition. I also wrote a supplementary app.

I'm worried mainly because my midterm marks aren't good enough and it doesn't show that I'm capable of getting good marks (which I am). I anticipate finishing bio and english with at least a 90, and math- which I'm actually good at but didn't do well in two tests which were at the beginning- with at least an 87 (I have an 82 right now, fml why couldn't I have this mark). Someone said that the conditional offer at UWO is 82, if I'm capable of exceeding that at finals, then what?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
14 replies

A photo of nfabiano nfabiano
It's good that you haven't been rejected yet! From what I've witnessed, UWO so far has only sent out offers on May 12th, Guelph only May 10th, and Mac May 2nd as well as yesterday. There's still lots of time to be accepted, I know it's hard but just wait patiently. I'm sure you'll get in.

As for your UWO programs:
Health Sci seems to be fairly competitive at UWO, and you're below the average that you have to keep in order to maintain your conditional offer. You could potentially still get in, just stay positive.
Food & Nutrition you are over the average, and over the conditional requirements.
Expect to hear something from UWO next week.

I'm not too sure about Guelph and Mac, but I know that they both send out alternate offers. Perhaps they haven't gotten to your application yet. Just keep checking OUAC and your email, as well as the Western Student Center. Stay positive throughout and good luck, hopefully see you at UWO next year!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of beyondsection17 beyondsection17
Did you apply to Foods @ Brescia?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@beyondsection17 wrote
Did you apply to Foods @ Brescia?

No, I applied at main campus.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of PeoplesChamp PeoplesChamp
You should consider applying to one of UWO's affiliated campuses Brescia , Huron, or Kings it is much less competitive than the main campus and you'll have a far better chance of getting accepted. Also, UWO only started their final round and will continue until May 24th, so you might want to consider switching soon, and maybe keep a school like Guelph as a back up?. And the 82% is what has to be maintained for all programs at UWO after being accepted, except for music where only a 75% has to be maintained after acceptance. 82% isn't the cut-off it's the final average they require.

Cheers.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Bluesharpies Bluesharpies

@nfabiano wrote
It's good that you haven't been rejected yet! From what I've witnessed, UWO so far has only sent out offers on May 12th, Guelph only May 10th, and Mac May 2nd as well as yesterday. There's still lots of time to be accepted, I know it's hard but just wait patiently. I'm sure you'll get in.

As for your UWO programs:
Health Sci seems to be fairly competitive at UWO, and you're below the average that you have to keep in order to maintain your conditional offer. You could potentially still get in, just stay positive.
Food & Nutrition you are over the average, and over the conditional requirements.
Expect to hear something from UWO next week.

I'm not too sure about Guelph and Mac, but I know that they both send out alternate offers. Perhaps they haven't gotten to your application yet. Just keep checking OUAC and your email, as well as the Western Student Center. Stay positive throughout and good luck, hopefully see you at UWO next year!

Not sure about Guelph, but I swear I heard from a McMaster rep awhile back that they don't do alternates. :\

@TS, it's a good thing you're not too concerned about McMaster, because I don't think an 80-81 will get you into life sci. ._.;
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@PeoplesChamp wrote
You should consider applying to one of UWO's affiliated campuses Brescia , Huron, or Kings it is much less competitive than the main campus and you'll have a far better chance of getting accepted. Also, UWO only started their final round and will continue until May 24th, so you might want to consider switching soon, and maybe keep a school like Guelph as a back up?. And the 82% is what has to be maintained for all programs at UWO after being accepted, except for music where only a 75% has to be maintained after acceptance. 82% isn't the cut-off it's the final average they require.

Cheers.

Ugh, Brescia? Sorry but living in an all-girls school would be a nightmare for me considering I have 3 sisters lmfao. Yeah Guelph is my back up, but the thing is I did write a supplementary app for the extracurricular activities. I'm so annoyed right now cause I got updated marks recently and my average is about an 83.8% now. Nghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of beyondsection17 beyondsection17

@xxalyssa wrote

@PeoplesChamp wrote

Cheers.

Ugh, Brescia? Sorry but living in an all-girls school would be a nightmare for me considering I have 3 sisters lmfao. Yeah Guelph is my back up, but the thing is I did write a supplementary app for the extracurricular activities. I'm so annoyed right now cause I got updated marks recently and my average is about an 83.8% now. Nghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I've heard of Western offering alternate offers to affiliates (or at least Huron).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of PeoplesChamp PeoplesChamp
I'd call admissions and confirm whether or not they give alternate offers to other affiliates, if they do that's great, if not you might wanna switch to one of their affiliates. 83.8% is pretty good, but the thing is offers are finished before finals are in, so all they have to base a decision on is your mid-terms and first semester finals. Studying at an affiliate of Western is better than not going to Western at all, and it doesn't seem that bad as it is relatively close to the main campus. Good that you filled out a form though, it'll give you the opportunity based on your extracurricular activities to be considered even below the cut-off, so you might here back closer to May 24th, I'd assume they would do the "exceptional" cases later on.

Best of luck
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nfabiano nfabiano

@Bluesharpies wrote

Not sure about Guelph, but I swear I heard from a McMaster rep awhile back that they don't do alternates. :\

@TS, it's a good thing you're not too concerned about McMaster, because I don't think an 80-81 will get you into life sci. ._.;

Really? Maybe certain programs at Mac don't do alt offers, but a friend of mine got an alt offer on Friday. He applied for some sort of engineering, but got an alt offer for Bachelor of Technology
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nyletak nyletak
I'm going into my second year of health science at western. I got accepted last May with an 87% average. The lowest average I heard of someone getting accepted was 84... so I'm not sure how good your chances are. As other people have said, there's always Brescia, Huron or Kings. I know people who love the affiliate colleges. You never know though, you could still get in. Good luck! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jessicadhaliwal jessicadhaliwal
I applied to Brescia for foods and nutrition and got in but wasn't too sure about living in an all girls' res either. I went and visited the campus and it's BEAUTIFUL! The class sizes are small which is actually better for you in the long run. They said it's like a 14:1 student to teacher ratio. I haven't heard anything from Guelph either and my average is 80%.. I'm pretty scared. They said that we should get an acceptance/refusal by May 25th...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of 04matt04 04matt04
I'm pretty sure 83% was the lowest average out of the entire university that received any sort of acceptance (at UWO).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@04matt04 wrote
I'm pretty sure 83% was the lowest average out of the entire university that received any sort of acceptance (at UWO).

Yeah I e-mailed the UWO admissions office and he said the 83% is the lowest and that they're going to be e-mail rejections soon =S Then they're going to look back at everyone's final grades and see if there are any spaces left.

I'm 0.5% below the cut off for Foods and Nutrition and 1.5% below for Health Sci, and I did write the supplementary app for the extracurricular activities (I think I have some good extracurricular activities both in and out of school. UGH JUST BY THAT LITTLE. I don't even know anymore.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of naseha1993 naseha1993
This is sort of off topic, but a tiny bit relevant, i hope i can get an answer fast enough. So i have 5 courses this semester and early morning gym being one of them is what i am failing hardcore. This means that i am going to be one credit short and would probably have to take any random credit in summer school. I have my top six and i have the required average and i already got into the program at Uoft St george for criminology. Do you think they will take away my offer? I talked to york admission and they said it was fine. I am freaking out especially for Uoft since they are so hardcore with everything. Please helpp!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0