yconic - I think I just hit a new low...
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

I think I just hit a new low...

A photo of AliceK109 AliceK109
So I saw my diploma mark for semester 1 today, and alberta education makes your diploma mark 50% of your final mark, so school mark 50%, and diploma mark 50%.
I thought I did so well in English and I was really confident going into the diploma with a 92%, one of the highest averages in my class,
and BAM the mail comes with my diploma mark and gives me a (bleep)ing 76%. Now my mark has dropped to 84% from a 92%.
It doesn't help that i got SEVENTY 7 0 % on my physics diploma and now I have a 77% in it. (But I had a pretty low score going in)

So should I get my diploma rescored, and/or rewrite the english diploma? Will it help? I actually cried over this piece of paper... I worked so hard.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
Don't worry, I know how you feel.
I walked into my English provincial with a 95% thinking that I would do amazing.. but I ended up dropping 5% after the provincial.

You could rewrite your diploma if you think you'll do better, especially having done it once now, you kind of know what to expect the next time around, but I don't think you'll receive your mark back in time for early admission?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AliceK109 AliceK109
I would kill for 90% in english.
I guess I have nothing to lose if I rewrite, but do you think I should send in my transcript to U of T still? I was planning to send it as soon as my diploma marks came out...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

You could, I sent mine in even with a LOWWW B in Math.. but I don't need it.
If you don't send it now, you won't make it in time for early admission.
Early admission ends at the end of Feb usually, and it takes a few weeks for it to get there and process.. My transcript took about a month....
But if you're not too worried about early acceptance, you could re-write it and send it after you get your marks back for regular acceptance, as long as it gets there before the required date.. April 30th?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of prmly prmly

@cyynthiia wrote

I walked into my English provincial with a 95% thinking that I would do amazing.. but I ended up dropping 5% after the provincial.

your English provincial exam mark came out already? I just checked edaccess and mine's not up yet.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@prmly wrote

your English provincial exam mark came out already? I just checked edaccess and mine's not up yet.

Oh, no no.
I did Eng over the summer so I wrote my provincial in August.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of VegaKrazmych VegaKrazmych
You made me go check for the 1000th time if they had been posted... :cyclops:
Was this helpful? Yes 0