yconic - IB 2011
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

IB 2011

A photo of OscarUK OscarUK
So here we are, not long to go until the final exam (think it's French on the 23rd).

How is everyone finding it so far, good/bad subjects or papers?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
19 replies

A photo of Emaad13 Emaad13
I think I've done pretty well on every paper and I am confident with how I did...except on Chemistry Paper 2 :|
Nobody in my class is taking the French exam seriously, and same with me...I'm sure it will be fine, because I have done fairly well on the mock exam.
I'm just happy that were pretty much done after going through EVERYTHING in IB...feels GREAT :cheers:

by the way, my subjects were:
HL Chem
HL English A1
HL History
SL French B
SL Math
SL Biology
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of blackjack blackjack

@Emaad13 wrote
I think I've done pretty well on every paper and I am confident with how I did...except on Chemistry Paper 2 :|
Nobody in my class is taking the French exam seriously, and same with me...I'm sure it will be fine, because I have done fairly well on the mock exam.
I'm just happy that were pretty much done after going through EVERYTHING in IB...feels GREAT :cheers:

by the way, my subjects were:
HL Chem
HL English A1
HL History
SL French B
SL Math
SL Biology

lol we've never done a french mock. and for the 'practice' paper 2's, we were allowed to use a dictionary :P lol man I'm gonna fail. and I've never practiced a texte D for paper 1. I don't even know what they are :S

I failed chem P3 since I didn't study any of the options.. oh well.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

LOL as long as you generally know french, even a little bit, then you will be alright. To study, im just going to do past papers (probably on sunday). Texte D is basically like paper 2, except shorter :P

I didnt need to study for options too much, because the options I chose were very similar to Biology, so I knew the main content...so I got lucky!

I just want to pass, and go to Uni :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Emaad13 wrote
LOL as long as you generally know french, even a little bit, then you will be alright. To study, im just going to do past papers (probably on sunday). Texte D is basically like paper 2, except shorter :P

I didnt need to study for options too much, because the options I chose were very similar to Biology, so I knew the main content...so I got lucky!

I just want to pass, and go to Uni :P

yes well, no where in my offer of admission condition did it say I need my IB diploma. I just need to keep my top 6 above 77 lol. so I didn't study for any of them :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@blackjack, thats true...I just need an 82%
Was this helpful? Yes 0

lucky you guys! My offer is "maintain my current academic standard", which I guess means getting around or above my prediction of 35. Hopefully not too difficult, but not a walk in the park for me either ha.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jackbaek jackbaek

@OscarUK wrote
lucky you guys! My offer is "maintain my current academic standard", which I guess means getting around or above my prediction of 35. Hopefully not too difficult, but not a walk in the park for me either ha.

^ hate that, they're so vague; give a number already!! But I think if they say that, they mean that they're not gonna reject you unless you go REALLY REALLY below your predicted, like 25 or something :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of asian123 asian123
I accepted an offer for McGill BCom and Queen's Commerce

I was predicted 36/42 subject points, Plus 1 Bonus point so 37/45

What would i need on the finals to keep my offers? I honestly dont think i could maitain my grades....
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of moodeline moodeline
So scared of getting below my predicted :( Anyone know if U of T actually follows through on their condition of maintaining your grades?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of North North
Don't worry too much about your results on the exams. Everyone always thinks they did worse than they end up with.

Last year I misread the last part of Paper 1 in HL History of the Americas and still got a 6.

One of my friends got a 6 in HL A1 English and on paper 2 (with the different questions for different types of literature) he answered the questions on short stories, but all the texts he reffered to were plays. He did exactly the opposite of what the question wanted and still got a solid score.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of StudentAtStPats StudentAtStPats
How do you get in IB? :/
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@StudentAtStPats wrote
How do you get in IB? :/

Google IB school's in your area and apply?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

IB IS OVER (for me)! WOO!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of moodeline moodeline

@Emaad13 wrote

DONEEEEEEE :D So happy:) So, so, so happy! I thought that all of my exams went relatively well. Anyone have some really bad ones?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LRooke LRooke
Post yer exams for us GCSE folk to try.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@moodeline wrote

@Emaad13 wrote

DONEEEEEEE :D So happy:) So, so, so happy! I thought that all of my exams went relatively well. Anyone have some really bad ones?

math HL P3... I've literally never left questions blank on a math test in my life. this one I left almost half blank..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jessiexo jessiexo
English A1 HL
Biology HL
Chemistry HL
Math SL
French B SL
ITGS SL

Doneeeeeeeeeeeeee :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Commando3200 Commando3200
They were all good...

Except for HL Maths.

HL Bio
HL Chem
HL Maths
SL English A1
SL French B
SL History

HL Maths TZ2 was single handedly the most difficult paper I'd ever tried.

Still get nightmares...
Was this helpful? Yes 0