yconic - IB Exams
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

IB Exams

A photo of moodeline moodeline
Okay. So it's really late. I'm going crazy. I'm going to fail IB exams :( Well... probably not, but I will probably be much lower than my predicted. Will trinity rescind my offer? Oh god.... Anyways, anyone feel free to vent here!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
14 replies

A photo of ghana1994 ghana1994
The U of T offer of admission is unconditional.
As long as you pass the IB and get your diploma, you can attend. But don't get senioritis! Try to score as high as possible anyways...
Try to keep your score at least above 30.

I've been predicted a 38+2 when I generally score 31. I have no idea how I'm gonna go anywhere near my predicted. My teachers have too much faith in me.

I recommend you solve as many past papers as you can. They really help!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Flooks Flooks
Cram Cram Cram yahhh i love examsss

i cant even study for my exams, i didnt know ib review booklets would take 2 weeks to ship... sigh now im dependent on my poorly copied notes..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
Good luck guys :)

If it makes you feel any better, university exams will be a piece of cake after dealing with IB exams haha.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of North North
From my experience with IB exams last year, you'll be fine. The exams test so much content that they end up being fairly broad/have enough optional questions that you can do well without knowing absolutely everything.

Definitely do as many past exams as you can get your hands on. Just remember that the syllabus changes for each course every so often so if you go too far back it may cover different things.

Hopefully the subjects you took gave you a nice spread out schedule - if they did then take advantage of this and focus on nailing down each subject as they come. Make sure you know exactly what is covered by each paper so you don't focus on studying what is on a different one.

If you want some more specifics/my personal experiences then PM me.

GOOD LUCK!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Emaad13 Emaad13
Oh lord, I am freaking out! I really hope I do well on these exams...my first one is May 3rd! WOW its an stressful situation, but then I think about it...IB exams are not too hard. I did IB exams for 2 SL subjects last year, and it was not that bad and I did fairly well. That is the only thing that is getting me through the all day studying, and probably all of May.

To avoid stress --> Look for the positives (i.e. SCHOOL IS OVER IN A MONTH :O )
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

I love how people say that doing IB makes university a lot easier...makes me feel great :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ghana1994 ghana1994
I have IB exams every day from 3rd - 12th May. Then, 6 days off for Spanish, and EXAMS OVER!
If I don't get a 7 in Spanish, I'll kill myself!!!
I can't WAIT for 18th May. That's 3 weeks left for me.

I definitely hope doing the IB makes uni easier. It'll help with all the essay writing and footnoting and referencing fur sure!
Aahhh...the trouble I had with footnoting!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of moodeline moodeline
4 days until English... FML
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SUMmer123456 SUMmer123456

@moodeline wrote

It's just English...not like you have to study for it. It's one of those subjects where you either fail or win.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of OscarUK OscarUK

@moodeline wrote

It's only the unseen commentary on tuesday, probs the easiest paper in the whole IB.
1. choose the poem
2. read it 3 times
3. do intro
4. go through in linearly making personal responses to EVERYTHING you feel is important in any way and say why.
5. conclude
6. pick up your 6/7
7. panic about paper 2.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of colakid123 colakid123

@OscarUK wrote

@moodeline wrote

It's only the unseen commentary on tuesday, probs the easiest paper in the whole IB.
1. choose the poem
2. read it 3 times
3. do intro
4. go through in linearly making personal responses to EVERYTHING you feel is important in any way and say why.
5. conclude
6. pick up your 6/7
7. panic about paper 2.

Except people do worst in English at my school (English A1 HL). There are 0-3 7s a year, and lots and lots of 5s.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of OscarUK OscarUK
yeah the amount of people with 7's in A1 higher worldwide is only around 3-4% each year I believe, what I mean is Paper 1 is a good place to pick up marks compared to the comparatively more complex (imo) Paper 2. It may just be the way I've been taught it (my english teacher wrote the IB English revision guide and is head of the English Oxford IB revision program, so she knows her stuff), but I see so many people worry about Paper 1 when really it should be a straight forward commentary. Of course it depends heavily on the passage, one of the mocks we did both the poem and extract were truly horrible to analyse.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@OscarUK wrote

@moodeline wrote

1. choose the poem
2. read it 3 times
3. do intro
5. conclude
6. pick up your 6/7
7. panic about paper 2.

Yeah, English is the easiest, so dont worry! It's all about your own interpretation and how you explain that interpretation (but make sure your interpretation is at least reasonable...don't start talking about Aliens :alien: )

I'm only worried for HL chemistry exam...SO MUCH CONTENT!

Just don't get too stressed people, it's all about how you can handle this pressure! LEGGOOOO!
Was this helpful? Yes 0