yconic - If I want to go to an Ontario Law School in the future, where should I go for my undergrad?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

If I want to go to an Ontario Law School in the future, where should I go for my undergrad?

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I'm leaning towards criminology or sociology at the university of toronto but the atmosphere matters to me as well. I dont know much about the universities in terms of what they are like apart from academics.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of zhrvssll13 zhrvssll13
I'm leaning towards criminology or sociology at the university of toronto but the atmosphere matters to me as well. I dont know much about the universities in terms of what they are like apart from academics.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Rourachnitchai Rourachnitchai
I`d suggest Ottawa for political science, as it is easy to find a co-op and get real life work experience in the political field.

In terms of academics, where you go does not matter. Your marks are the most important factor.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I got into law school, and it doesn't matter where you go for undergrad. They just care that you have a degree (preferably 4 years), have a gpa of 3.7 or higher, and an LSAT of around 80th Percentile. Your undergrad degree doesn't matter either. It could be science, it could be political science, it could be English. They recommend one that helps you developing writing skills, but there is no prescribed degree.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sacora sacora

@Respects wrote
Im leaning towards Mcmaster for Political Science but worried about how difficult it is?

Also the overall university atmosphere matters. Multiculturalism included.

If England, you don't even need to do undergraduate. ;)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of allisondrew allisondrew
Would Carleton University be a good school to go to for an undergraduate degree before appling to Law School ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MCLeBlanc MCLeBlanc

@allisondrew wrote
Would Carleton University be a good school to go to for an undergraduate degree before appling to Law School ?

Like people said, law schools don't seem to care what school that much. It's more your marks that their concerned about.

Now, what I'm curious is if they take a school that marks very strictly (Say, UTSG) the same as a school that is generous with marks (Lakehead, Trent, etc). Would really push me away from UTSG, to be honest. I would have absolutely no problem working hard and earning a 3.4 or 3.5, but if that same work would earn me a 3.9 somewhere else...
Was this helpful? Yes 0