yconic - If im majoring in Communication and minoring in sociology or psychology?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

If im majoring in Communication and minoring in sociology or psychology?

A photo of Creativeindividual Creativeindividual
Hi guys, i wanted to know if i major in Communication and minor in psychology or sociology will i have to take a math or statistics course for either one of those minors, because on the website it doesnt say so specifically it just says that i need to take courses at the 200 level, there are math courses that are at the 200 level, but there are other courses as well, so like i said before im not sure. I emailed the university and they sent me the outline that i had already looked at on their site. So, i emailed their sociology department and im awaiting a reply. However, if someone who has minored in sociology or psychology or knows someone who has can help me, that would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. sorry guys, i forgot to mention the university:p The university i am talking about is Carleton university,(not windsor university, sorry got confused there hehe im also applying to windsor though!) and as i mentioned above the minor im referring to is sociology OR psychology(since i haven't chosen between the two) :p
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Which university are you talking about?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
As Micah said, you did not mention the university. It surely depends on the program and the university itself, if you are required to take math.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Micah wrote
Which university are you talking about?

Oh sorry! I was talking about Carleton University in ottawa
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Creativeindividual wrote
Hi guys, i wanted to know if i major in Communication and minor in psychology or sociology will i have to take a math or statistics course for either one of those minors, because on the website it doesnt say so specifically it just says that i need to take courses at the 200 level, there are math courses that are at the 200 level, but there are other courses as well, so like i said before im not sure. I emailed the university and they sent me the outline that i had already looked at on their site. So, i emailed their sociology department and im awaiting a reply. However, if someone who has minored in sociology or psychology or knows someone who has can help me, that would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. sorry guys, i forgot to mention the university:p The university i am talking about is Windsor university, and as i mentioned above the minor im referring to is sociology OR psychology(since i haven't chosen between the two) :p

And guys i just found out that i DONT have to take math for the minor,but for Communication Studies itself(my major) im going to have to take a statistics course in SECOND year AND third year :( If any one of you have taken statistics for an arts degree, please tell me if it is difficult or easy:(
Was this helpful? Yes 0