yconic - if you messed up while presenting a seminar...
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

if you messed up while presenting a seminar...

A photo of zefyre zefyre
basically i had a seminar on a play we read in class and i panicked to the point where i couldn't speak and i was shaking so my partner pretty much carried me for 70% of the presentation. I asked my teacher how i did and he said i did good, but i have a feeling he lied to me to make me feel better when i really got a 50 (i think, we're getting marked individually) do teachers usually lie about this?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of Bluesharpies Bluesharpies
There's basically no way that anybody here can answer your question with absolute certainty.

Whether or not a teacher "lies" about the quality of something you've done depends on;
1. Their personality and
2. Their standards.

I've gotten anywhere from a 70 to 100 for a presentation that was "pretty good". I've had a teacher tell me an 80 was equivalent to "doing well" when I'm typically a high-80/90 student. You get where I'm going with this, right? They won't lie for the sake of toying with you or being cruel, I'm almost sure of that. If you know your teacher well enough and you're honest with yourself, you'll know, 9 times out of 10, your mark before your teacher actually gives you some numbers.
Was this helpful? Yes 0