yconic - I'm not going to get into university!?!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

I'm not going to get into university!?!

A photo of FMLFML FMLFML
Hopefully my epic title grabbed your attention.:bounce:

I applied to Rotman and Schulich (and some others but these two would be my top choices), and I'm projecting my midterm average to be 93%, but my calculus mark will only be around 83%.
With mediocre(maybe even subpar idk) SAF and subpar PS for Rotman, how are my chances at these programs?
(If my chances aren't good, I'll have to convince/beg my teacher somehow to boost up my marks:( )
Thx for any comment.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of Yophuu Yophuu

@FMLFML wrote
Hopefully my epic title grabbed your attention.:bounce:

I applied to Rotman and Schulich (and some others but these two would be my top choices), and I'm projecting my midterm average to be 93%, but my calculus mark will only be around 83%.
With mediocre(maybe even subpar idk) SAF and subpar PS for Rotman, how are my chances at these programs?
(If my chances aren't good, I'll have to convince/beg my teacher somehow to boost up my marks:( )

try to do your best, but I am not sure that your mark as a whole will change significantly even if u beg ur teacher.
just try to do your best, because Shulich or Rotman is a competitive program. Besides your mark do not forget that you also must submit the PS. Just make all the best with the PS. It may help you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MINTOK MINTOK
93% is a good average. Aim for it and you will probably get into both. However, if your SAF is really in the lowest tier, you might not get it. Just focus on your grades at this point.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cliffhanger33 cliffhanger33
If you can get 93%, you should be fine for Rotman; just try to sell yourself on the PSE (you only get one hour to write it)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of FMLFML FMLFML

@MINTOK wrote
93% is a good average. Aim for it and you will probably get into both. However, if your SAF is really in the lowest tier, you might not get it. Just focus on your grades at this point.

What kind of SAF would be considered to be in the lowest tier?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jason202 Jason202
LMAO carrie is that you?! dont worry man ull get in~
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MINTOK MINTOK

@FMLFML wrote

@MINTOK wrote

What kind of SAF would be considered to be in the lowest tier?

Grammar and spelling mistakes, very generic, no ECs or other experience.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of GainTheHedge GainTheHedge
93 avg midterm is quite competitive and should get you into Rotman and Schulich with decent ECs. Apparently Rotman doesn't always take the PSE element into account too seriously so it could play into your favour.. (since when did it become timed for one hour?). Rotman (just like rest of UT) has a rep of being hard to stay in because it tries to weed out many students out of first year to decrease the size. It takes a fair amount of students from high school and is not as competitive as Schulich/Ivey/QC. In general a lot of B-schools have relaxed their admission standards over the years and it is arguably easier to get into say Ivey now than it was 10 years ago. But don't downplay the difficulty since these are still really good business programs.
Was this helpful? Yes 0