yconic - I'm starting to get a bit worried, requesting an assessment of my likelihood to get into Uni
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

I'm starting to get a bit worried, requesting an assessment of my likelihood to get into Uni

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Grade 12, second semester student here. I've applied to McMaster for Business, Uof Western Ontario for management studies and UofToronto for Commerce

My Grade 12 marks were:

Functions: 64
Philosophy: 97
Business Management: 94
English: 88

Average of 85.75%

My functions mark is lacking, I am taking it again. Here are my projected mid-terms

Functions: 85+
Calculus/Vectors: 85
International Business: 90+
World Issues: 85+

If I reach these marks (Which I believe I will) the average for my top 6 (Which must include functions as it is prerequisite) will be 90%

How are my chances looking for the three schools I mentioned?

Thanks in advance guys
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of meganrankin12 meganrankin12
I did Calculus in Grade 11, and I dont know how hard it is at your school..but I really recommend working your butt off. I got 100% in Advanced Functions and only a 90% in Calc. I had 88% the whole course then spent about 10 hours studying for the exam hahaha

so yeah..work REALLY hard if you want an 85% :)

as for getting accepted..my one friend said that UofT accepts a boatload of people then weeds then out with a really hard first year..but thats only what she said :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@meganrankin12 wrote
I did Calculus in Grade 11, and I dont know how hard it is at your school..but I really recommend working your butt off. I got 100% in Advanced Functions and only a 90% in Calc. I had 88% the whole course then spent about 10 hours studying for the exam hahaha

so yeah..work REALLY hard if you want an 85% :)

as for getting accepted..my one friend said that UofT accepts a boatload of people then weeds then out with a really hard first year..but thats only what she said :P

We started on the easy part of calc so my marks should be good by mid-term
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@karan8624 wrote
Grade 12, second semester student here. I've applied to McMaster for Business, Uof Western Ontario for management studies and UofToronto for Commerce

My Grade 12 marks were:

Functions: 64
Philosophy: 97
Business Management: 94
English: 88

Average of 85.75%

My functions mark is lacking, I am taking it again. Here are my projected mid-terms

Functions: 85+
Calculus/Vectors: 85
International Business: 90+
World Issues: 85+

If I reach these marks (Which I believe I will) the average for my top 6 (Which must include functions as it is prerequisite) will be 90%

How are my chances looking for the three schools I mentioned?

Thanks in advance guys

UfT Rotman is a reach since they despise people who repeat courses. If you keep your courses though you are more than fine for Mac and BMOS and infact, would probably be a good contender for Laurier and possibly Ivey or Queens (your average would just be shy of 90).

EDIT: If I were you I would do a late submission to Laurier (ESP Laurier) right now and possibly Queens if you haven't tried out for them yet.
Was this helpful? Yes 0