yconic - Important McMaster Information
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Important McMaster Information

A photo of thelakeshow thelakeshow
for those of you who have an average below an 81 or are sitting at an 80 or 79.5 and believe that youre going to get into mcmaster, im here to save you time and tell you that YOURE NOT GETTING IN. im so sorry that you have to read that but just stop having hope and stop waiting. let me explain my reasoning. i called the degroote school of business yesterday and asked them a bunch of questions but said that only an academic advisor could answer my questions. so just 10 minutes ago an academic advisor finally called me back. i asked him what the cutoff was, he said 83. i asked him what my chances are with an 80 average and he said we have not given out an offer to anyone 3 percent below cutoff in over 7 or 8 years. because you are 3 percent below, you should be receiving a letter explaining that we are sorry you are not getting an offer. if youre at like an 82.5 or an 82, theyll accept you. he also said, after june 2nd well see if there are any spots left and we will contact you, but unfortunately i dont have good news for you. i asked if he knew the exact status of my application, he said hes was looking at my top 6 right in front of him and said that unfortunately i would not be admitted. he didnt exactly say if it was a refusal or anything but im done getting my hopes up. so for those of you in a situation like mine, im here to save you time and say: STOP WAITING ON MCMASTER AND ACCEPT YOUR OTHER OFERS, hopefully you have some.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of Blistex Blistex
Yea, my friend called as well and they said the same thing. However I'm at an 81.66 :P Still not any higher of a chance than you :P

Probably going to go to Ryerson :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of thelakeshow thelakeshow

@Blistex wrote
Yea, my friend called as well and they said the same thing. However I'm at an 81.66 :P Still not any higher of a chance than you :P

Probably going to go to Ryerson :)

well with an 81.6 you never know cause they accepted people with an 81.3 (my friend got accepted)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of matti369 matti369
they accepted your friend with an 81 this year?
Was this helpful? Yes 0