yconic - IMPORTANT question about biomedical engineering
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

IMPORTANT question about biomedical engineering

A photo of errol23 errol23
hi guys,
i am planning to go to the university of toronto st.george. now i wanna go into biomedical engineering but unfortunately when i go on einfo or OUAC none of them have "biomedical engineering" in the uft programs. this is weird coz i know there is biomedical engineering at uft. pls help i would really appreciate it :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
10 replies

A photo of leviaidan leviaidan

@errol23 wrote
hi guys,
i am planning to go to the university of toronto st.george. now i wanna go into biomedical engineering but unfortunately when i go on einfo or OUAC none of them have "biomedical engineering" in the uft programs. this is weird coz i know there is biomedical engineering at uft. pls help i would really appreciate it :)

It's a major in Engineering Science.
http://www.discover.engineering.utoronto.ca/programs/academic-programs/engineering-science.htm
Was this helpful? Yes 0

tnx a lot :) but why cant i just take biomedical engineering alone? why do i have to take engineering sciences? i mean i dont want engineering sciences .although my average is really high... they require like 90's and im not sure about that :( and i dont wanna learn about all kinds of engineering though,
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of leviaidan leviaidan

@errol23 wrote
tnx a lot :) but why cant i just take biomedical engineering alone? why do i have to take engineering sciences? i mean i dont want engineering sciences .although my average is really high... they require like 90's and im not sure about that :( and i dont wanna learn about all kinds of engineering though,

Apply to a different school, if that's your damage. Guelph offers biomedical engineering, if I'm not mistaken.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Chemistry Chemistry

@leviaidan wrote

@errol23 wrote

Apply to a different school, if that's your damage. Guelph offers biomedical engineering, if I'm not mistaken.

Ryerson does as well.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

yea ur right :D i cant go to guelph though..too far :P but tnx anyway.. i have to go to uft . anyway ill work like crazy then:D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jeong747 jeong747
Make sure that you will be dedicated to your university studies, there is a reason why it's the toughest engineering program in Canada
GL :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

are you talking about biomedical engineering or engineering science? ( i guess its engineering science lol) :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of donrgt donrgt
if you really have no interest for other engineering disciplines other than biomed i recommend you to go to a direct biomedical engineering program. You'll learn a LOT of things in eng sci but it would be pretty useless for your chosen career. You have to go through to the most difficult 2 years of your life before you get to major on biomed.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Biomedical engineering is such an interesting field. Does anyone know which university is the best for this specialization?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Biomedical engineering is such an interesting field. Does anyone know which university is the best for this specialization?
Was this helpful? Yes 0