yconic - Important question
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Important question

A photo of JennyMagoo JennyMagoo
Will medical schools look at my high school record? Will they see if I got expelled from my school?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
No.
Med school is based all on your university GPA.
Why in the world did u get expelled
O_O
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JennyMagoo JennyMagoo
I havent gotten expelled yet but im getting expelled from my school for sure now its just a matter of me getting expelled from my school board but will universities reject my acceptance cause of my expulsion? I already got accepted
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of leresistance leresistance

@JennyMagoo wrote
Will medical schools look at my high school record? Will they see if I got expelled from my school?

Medical schools don't care about high school marks or record.

As for getting into undergrad, I'd contact the university directly and be upfront about your expulsion. If you do have your secondary school diploma and prerequisites, I wouldn't see a problem with getting in.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia

@JennyMagoo wrote
I havent gotten expelled yet but im getting expelled from my school for sure now its just a matter of me getting expelled from my school board but will universities reject my acceptance cause of my expulsion? I already got accepted

That is a different story.
Undergrad =/= Medical School.
Your acceptance for your undergrad next year may be at stake depending on the university.
I would contact them personally to find out..
Different for every school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cosstickxx cosstickxx
I would hope that it would affect it, but I guess not. I'm not sure I would want a Dr who got expelled from a school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0