yconic - Important *READ*
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Important *READ*

A photo of JennyMagoo JennyMagoo
Can a university deny my acceptance if I get expelled from my school board ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
11 replies

A photo of mutuba mutuba
Of course not. In fact, getting expelled greatly increases your chances of being accepted into a prestigious university.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

can you explain how please? I really hope you are not being sarcastic :( I am really stressed out
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx
Of course mutuba's being sarcastic!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@JennyMagoo wrote
Can a university deny my acceptance if I get expelled from my school board ?

Absolutely.

1. You need to graduate high school, which you can't do if you've been expelled.

2. Universities don't want to take in problem children, which you clearly are if you're being/could be expelled.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I've already been accepted and I've technically already graduated, will they find out? Also it is my first time getting in trouble (suspended etc). and since ive enrolled in a private school
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@JennyMagoo wrote
I've already been accepted and I've technically already graduated, will they find out? Also it is my first time getting in trouble (suspended etc). and since ive enrolled in a private school

If you've already graduated why are you still in high school?

You haven't graduated.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@ARMY101 wrote

@JennyMagoo wrote

If you've already graduated why are you still in high school?

You haven't graduated.

Have you never heard of a 5th year?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mikey12y mikey12y
Victory lappers (: lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of hapmie hapmie
LMAO!! mutuba you're so funny, I can't stop laughing!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of andrewk512 andrewk512

@JennyMagoo wrote

Do you mean you were suspended not expelled? Why would they expel you on the first time...

And unis don't care about suspensions...
Not in Canada atleast.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Firstly, I have excellent marks and I didnt take a spare so I had finished all 30 credits at the end of semester 1 grade 12. Secondly I got an acceptance to york, then I got a 20 day suspension pending expulsion and after that I got an acceptance for UofT so I am just wondering if I do end up getting expelled, will the universities be notified? Because I am already enrolled in a private school to finish off my courses I am just wondering if they universities will be notified and I honestly don't know why they want to expel me first time I never even got suspended before :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0