yconic - Important! University Condition!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Important! University Condition!

A photo of vamp vamp
Hi all,
my first post on this great forum! :D

I got an offer from UWO for 28 grade points in IB with "no idividual score less than 4"..
I also got accepted Ivey AEO.

However, I gave my IB math HL exam recently, and i might not make the required 4 to meet the condition..
Im pretty sure my overall will exceed the 28 points. (im good in the other subjects!)

What can I do if I dont meet the required 4 for Math HL?

Any input would greatly help!
THANKS! :bounce:
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of Ba Ba Blue Ba Ba Blue
I would call Western. Honestly they can revoke your offer if they want to provided you didn't get the minimum requirements they're asking for (namely a 4). Perhaps you shouldn't have subscribed to death and taken HL math :P.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Emaad13 Emaad13

@Ba Ba Blue wrote
I would call Western. Honestly they can revoke your offer if they want to provided you didn't get the minimum requirements they're asking for (namely a 4). Perhaps you shouldn't have subscribed to death and taken HL math :P.

+10000
I am so thankful I took SL math, because the HL math people at my school are shooting themselves :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nmerwin nmerwin

@Emaad13 wrote

@Ba Ba Blue wrote

+10000
I am so thankful I took SL math, because the HL math people at my school are shooting themselves :P

Hahaha.. hl math is a bitch, but even though you think you did bad, chances are everyone else did pretty bad too, so expect a pretty good curve!

I don't know about tz1, but tz2 had a killer p1, and a pretty decent p2. Now i'm just scared for p3, i think they might kill us on that one too. We're doing series and differential equations, what about you guys?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of NeziaT NeziaT
Yess, finally someone in the same boat as me!!
I have the same offer for Western and I'm really scared I won't make a 4 for hl math, and I'm predicted 5 :(
My other subjects are borderline so I NEED Math to keep my total above 28 >_<
Paper 1 was utterly nasty. Paper 2 was alright but I missed a lot of stupid marks. Didn't figure out how to do the vectors question until the invigilator told us to put our pens down -.-

Anyhow, it's true they have the right to revoke your offer, especially if that subject is necessary for your course. I'm screwed if I don't make maths since I need it for engineering :|

Well, we'll see in July :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Emaad13 Emaad13
This is what two of my friends did after their HL Math Exam (and yes, they are angry! they told me they failed, like everyone else!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgxjZcr0kJg
Was this helpful? Yes 0