yconic - Important! University Condition!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Important! University Condition!

A photo of vamp vamp
Hi all,

I got an offer from UWO for BMOS. The condition is 28 grade points in IB with "no idividual score less than 4"..
I also got accepted Ivey AEO.

However, I gave my IB math HL exam recently, and i might not make the required 4 to meet the condition..
Im pretty sure my overall will exceed the 28 points. (im good in the other subjects!)

What can I do if I dont meet the required 4 for Math HL?

Any input would greatly help!
THANKS!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of scribbles scribbles
Um, there's nothing you can really do...you wouldn't be able to attend UWO next year. Of course, if you have a legitimate excuse for doing so poorly on the exam--some traumatizing incident or brain damage from a recent accident--then they may still accept you then.

here are stats from last year's exams concerning grade boundaries.
http://www.sevenoaksschool.org/Websites/sevenoaks/Images/documents/aboutus/IB%20Grade%20Boundaries%202010.pdf
I've heard that paper 2 for math HL exam this year was hell, everyone in my school missed about 20 marks, possibly more. They'll scale the exam scores, so don't worry!

Just on a side note, if you drop more than 4 points, Ivey may rescind your AEO offer.

Was this helpful? Yes 0