yconic - in the play "Hamlet" Does Ophelia know what she is doing?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

in the play "Hamlet" Does Ophelia know what she is doing?

A photo of zefyre zefyre
Like when she is taught to like "sugar o'er the devil" and lies in front of Hamlet's face does she know what she's doing is wrong? Or is she too innocent to realize the consequences of living to her father's expectations?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
12 replies

A photo of ktel ktel
Somebody has an English essay due....
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of zefyre zefyre

@ktel wrote
Somebody has an English essay due....

not an essay, but a soliloquy LOL good thing it ain't due tomorrow or i'm screwed rofl.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
Do your own homework. :bball:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of zefyre zefyre
can't i just ask a question to clarify something about the play? So if i ask the teacher for help and they say "do it on your own" they'd be a terrible teacher wouldn't they? :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of littleroom littleroom

@zefyre wrote
can't i just ask a question to clarify something about the play? So if i ask the teacher for help and they say "do it on your own" they'd be a terrible teacher wouldn't they? :P

We're not your teachers. Pay me a salary, and I'll be your teacher. If this sounds harsh, then too bad. You're in high school, it's really not that hard.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
I guarantee you would find more help on Google
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Fun fact: there are no straight answers in English class. Choose the interpretation that is best supported by the evidence.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Yatesb Yatesb

@Spengler wrote
Fun fact: there are no straight answers in English class. Choose the interpretation that is best supported by the evidence.

aannnnnddd this is why I am glad English class is over as of 8 days. I hate interpreting and analyzing stories/plays. Give me science or math where there is right or wrong as clear as the difference between black and white and I'm a happy man.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@Yatesb wrote

@Spengler wrote

aannnnnddd this is why I am glad English class is over as of 8 days. I hate interpreting and analyzing stories/plays. Give me science or math where there is right or wrong as clear as the difference between black and white and I'm a happy man.

You make it sound as though there are no controversies in math and science.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of prmly prmly
ophelia is a nice name
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Yatesb Yatesb

@Spengler wrote

@Yatesb wrote

@Spengler wrote

You make it sound as though there are no controversies in math and science.

I mean it in the sense of high school courses. Math and science are generally easier to answer because there is a fixed answer to most questions. You don't have to interpret some character an author created and prove it with quotes. Or relate some metaphor to an event and make some insane relations about the two.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of steele steele

@zefyre wrote
Like when she is taught to like "sugar o'er the devil" and lies in front of Hamlet's face does she know what she's doing is wrong? Or is she too innocent to realize the consequences of living to her father's expectations?

You can concievably create a logically sound argument both for and against in this case. Just choose a side and back it up with proof, it doesn't matter which side you take.
Was this helpful? Yes 0