yconic - Inflation...sad
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Inflation...sad

A photo of safarhealthsci1 safarhealthsci1
I had a classmate last year, he was a 40s student. Constantly coming high to class, basically a total waste of time. Failed everything. Now I see his report from this yeae (he took a semester off and went to private school), he has high 80s! This is ridiculous inflation, eve he admits. How is this fair to students that work their a**es off for even an 80% average in day school. What do you guys think about this?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
12 replies

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
It happens.
That's just life.
Not every school is going to have easy teachers and not every school is going to have hard teachers,
Just gotta live with it and work with what you've got.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
Maybe he changed his ways? Grade 12 can do that to a person.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
Maybe.
but I also have a few friends that failed everything in grades 8 and 9 and basically smoked pot/drank everyday..
Next thing you know, their mothers ship them off to private/boarding school and now they're straight A students.
That happens a lot too.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
Maybe they get sent to a private school that strictly prohibits smoking/drinking... maybe their parents have really put their foot down... maybe intelligence is praised there... maybe the students themselves realize that they need to make a change... who knows?

Don't get me wrong, I too believe that it is easier to get higher marks at certain private schools than at public schools, but you can't right away dismiss someone's better marks in private school as having everything to do with grade inflation.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@cyynthiia wrote
It happens.
That's just life.
Not every school is going to have easy teachers and not every school is going to have hard teachers,
Just gotta live with it and work with what you've got.

^ This is wisdom, people :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AZK AZK
I make A's everywhere and anywhere its not hard to get A's I don't study at all and I still get A's

IMO if your smart and you want A's you get A's its not about how hard you try its the technique

Look Smart, Look Good, Be Smart, Relax, Have Fun, Play Games = Double A's All Teh WAY!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Blargg Blargg
Private school = paying for marks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of legomaster legomaster
Do universities give some sort of preference to high school students that are coming from schools where it is generally harder to get marks in?

No offense to anyone, I just heard a rumour
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Mar Mar
Maybe your buddy just tries to be cool and tells you that he had easy teachers.
What you might not know is that he probably studied everyday after school and on the weekends.

I was a 60s-70s student in grade 11 and now I am getting mid 90s. When my buddies ask me how do I get such high marks I just tell them that my teachers are easy and/or I cheat during the test.
What they don't know is that I study everyday before and after school and sometime on the weekends.

Good luck!

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of littleroom littleroom
Such people won't survive in university, where it really matters. It's frustrating now, but your honesty will pay off soon.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kimm kimm
Who cares?
You can just laugh at them when they stuggle and drop out of university.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jiira jiira
it happens. the private school was probably very strict and whipped him/her into shape. the teachers and principals are practically babysitting, making sure not a foot steps out of line. university will be nothing like that, no one is going to baby you or spoon feed you. you either come to class or you don't, either way your money goes to the university.

don't worry, your school/study habits are well cemented and you will have routine to fall back on. no worries. just do what you always have.
Was this helpful? Yes 0