yconic - International Business or Business Leadership?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

International Business or Business Leadership?

A photo of kroyuni kroyuni
I'm choosing courses for grade 12, and I'm debating between International Business and Business Leadership. Which one should I take? And why?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of g93 g93
Not enjoying business leadership, but I have a crappy teacher.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I'm taking leadership right now..pretty easy..getting 80%..could be MUCH higher but I messed on my 2 tests :( It should go up with the ISU
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@Suhail24 wrote
I'm taking leadership right now..pretty easy..getting 80%..could be MUCH higher but I messed on my 2 tests :( It should go up with the ISU

What do you have to do for yours?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I actually have both right now, and currently i like Business Leadership a little more. If you break it down, its really about managing people... so theres lessons on Motivation, Leading, Teamwork, negotiation, communication. Its easy to study for the tests because the stuff you are learning is super easy!

Also, if your going into a commerce program (for some ontario schools like ryerson) they actually use the same textbook, which would make life a little more relaxed when your actually in university. Some chapters i learned are actually classes that i am going to be taking first year.

International business is a different story, i feel as though the course needs updating because its not really future friendly. But if you wanted to learn about different cultures and such, this course doesnt really do it. It just focuses on how you need to change a business to suit the needs of other cultures. You do get the chance to study a country in depth, so thats interesting.

Business leadership is more fun and more applied in life. (can be boring, but at least the textbook is decent to read, versus the one for int. business)
good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of BOSS10 BOSS10
Personally, i believe Business Leadership is way easier, i'm a grade 11 student taking it and i'm getting 92, my 2 other friends also in grade 11 are getting 95 and 94. i wouldn't say we're super geniuses but it could also be because our teacher is super easy. all we do in class is watch Dilbert (Business-Oriented Cartoon) episodes and write responses to print-outs. there are some hard aspects, like a few case studies, but like the tests, as long as you follow the course, reveiw your stuff, its a guaranteed 90. it ultimately depends on you though, if your a bookworm, this class could work to your advantage, but also could be your downfall as a lot of thinking and analytical skills are needed. hope this helps. i have international business next semester, and i heard it's a lot of work, the ISU is supposedly beastly.
Was this helpful? Yes 0