yconic - International development at McGill & International Relations at UofT?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

International development at McGill & International Relations at UofT?

A photo of MsBlithe MsBlithe
Hello!
I'm in Grade 11, my current average is an 88%. McGill arts asks for an 87+ but is that the same for UofT International Relations at Trinity? Do either of them look at extracurriculars or your grade 11 marks?

I think i eventually want to go into law school, is it harder to have a great GPA? What does a 4.0 GPA mean?

How can I get into both? Any tips would be great! Thank you!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of steadierfooting steadierfooting

@MsBlithe wrote
Hello!
I'm in Grade 11, my current average is an 88%. McGill arts asks for an 87+ but is that the same for UofT International Relations at Trinity? Do either of them look at extracurriculars or your grade 11 marks?

I think i eventually want to go into law school, is it harder to have a great GPA? What does a 4.0 GPA mean?

How can I get into both? Any tips would be great! Thank you!

Hi! I can't answer all your questions, but I can give a couple of them a go.

I've just gotten in to Trinity at U of T for Ethics, Society and Law. They do claim to need your grade 11 marks, but the importance of them will depend on when you apply - if you are going for early acceptance, before first semester grade 12 marks are out, your grade 11 marks will probably count for a lot more. But for me, I applied in late February, and I'm pretty sure my grade 12 grades were more important for my acceptance. Trinity is pretty competitive so to be safe, you might want to try to bring up your marks a little.

Are you an Ontario student, or are you from elsewhere? The Trinity application is different if you're an Ontario student. I did the non-Ontario student one (which is not mandatory, by the way, but is recommended), and it asked about previous extracurriculars and what kind of things I'd do as a Trinity student. So extracurriculars are of at least moderate importance.

And I am planning on going to law school, too, although I'm not sure yet. I know that U of T is supposed to be difficult and competitive, but if you work really hard I don't think you'd have much of a problem getting the marks you want; plus it has a great reputation, so that can't hurt with being accepted to law school.

Best of luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0