yconic - International Relations at Western or Queens?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

International Relations at Western or Queens?

A photo of hoffmankira hoffmankira
Does anyone else want to take international relations or a similar course at queens? I've been accepted to both and have seen both campuses, I'm leaning a lot towards Western just because they have the program, a beautiful big campus in a bigger town, and I can get a scholarship with my average. I just wanted others' opinions :) Thanks !
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of heesoup heesoup
Both schools sound suitable to you. Where do you live closer to if that plays any factor in your decision-making...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of hoffmankira hoffmankira
I live closer to Western so I guess that's more convenient, though it doesn't really matter too much to me. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of treecows treecows
Queen's doesn't have a IR program but the political studies program is quite good, and they have a lot of upper year IR-related courses in POLS. Nonetheless though, it won't be the same amount as majoring in IR, and you'd be forced to take courses that would not be specific to IR.
Global development studies also has IR related course material, but maybe just 0.5 - 1.0 credits a year.

I'd pick Western just for the fact they have an IR program, rather than Queen's where you'd end up taking courses you're not in favour of and have to strongly research courses to build an IR-intensive timetable.
Was this helpful? Yes 0