yconic - International Relations. Please help!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

International Relations. Please help!

A photo of mahanisabella mahanisabella
Hi everyone! I'm a canadian citizen that lives in Spain, doing the IB program (12th grade)

I want to apply to International Relations/Political Science in Ontario. I have a 38 predicted and take Economics HL, Spanish A2 HL, French B HL, English A1 SL, Math SL and Biology SL

As of today I'm sure about applying to University of Toronto:
- Social Sciences [INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS]

And the other 3 I'm struggling with are:
- Social Sciences I [POLITICAL SCIENCE] -> McMaster University
- Social Sciences [POLITICAL STUDIES] -> Queen's University (IR is only in the graduate level?)
- International Studies or Political Science -> York University

Which one is it better at? Any specific order?
Thanks a lot!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of NumberOne NumberOne
I'd rank them as Queen's, York, McMaster

I've heard a few good things about Queen's Arts and it is a really good school overall. York has a program specifically in IR, which would obviously be attractive for you. I haven't heard much about McMaster but being in Hamilton you wouldn't get any good internship/co-op placements in Hamilton.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of goldmansachs goldmansachs
International Relations at UofT Vic College is the best, but it's crazy hard. My friend in the program was studying on New Years -_- and she's not even a nerd... Ahh, I guess UofT changes every one.

My ranking would Queen's, York and MAC as well.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of littleroom littleroom

@goldmansachs wrote
... Ahh, I guess UofT changes every one.

Sad, but true.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of leahquin leahquin
Queen's is a good option, plus if you like it there, you can stick around for a Masters
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sbruggem sbruggem
My sister (who had about a 95% avg in high school), compared between Mcmaster and Queens for a long time because her end goal is to become a lawyer, and eventually decided on University of Guelph because they have a very specific "Criminal Justice and Public Policy" program. Its newish, but apparently has a good reputation.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of takavar takavar
anyone get accepted yet?
Was this helpful? Yes 0