yconic - Internet at Laurier Rez
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Internet at Laurier Rez

A photo of bonkerz bonkerz
Hey, I am just wondering how is the internet at Laurier rezs generally speaking? I am starting first-year in Sept and am a pretty avid gamer :p. Also, would anybody know which rez has possibly the highest speed internet/most bandwidth?

Thankzz
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of thelegend thelegend
yeah same ...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

bumpp
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kinnikinnik kinnikinnik
Yeah I'm in the same boat, can I run xbox live and nhl on laurier internet aha, it wouldn't be the worst as playing local isn't bad but online is fun aha. Can anyone answer, I'm assuming more people are interested in this topic as well :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Kalbii Kalbii
Internet is slow as hell so you can forget about gaming unless you like waiting till 3-4am for the bandwith traffic to die down lol.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Kalbii wrote
Internet is slow as hell so you can forget about gaming unless you like waiting till 3-4am for the bandwith traffic to die down lol.

that's a buzzkill lol, still gonna try anyway i know a lot of premium proxies and registry fixes hopefully it isn't as bad as you say =P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Kalbii Kalbii
Nahh, its not even because of firewalls or monitors. They only limit p2p sharing. The main issue is that a lot of people are downloading tv series constantly at the same time since there are not tv's in your dorms or apartments. The sheer constant downloading traffic plus the bandwith that other people regularly uses just makes the whole thing slow as hell.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AuroraK AuroraK
Gaming is not gonna happen when you're in residence. I was in Waterloo College Hall and it was impossible lol. I had download speeds of 0.5-1.5 Mbps on average. This is because of what like other people say of people streaming tv series 24/7. The only chance you could ever game is at the night but it's still as almost a little less laggy. The best days are people actually leave the residence for events or in my case I was one of the last people in my residence to move out and with all this free bandwidth, I was able to download at a nice 25 Mbps :3.

Otherwise, I find going to the campus itself (mainly the SBE building) is the most stable place to download.
Was this helpful? Yes 0