yconic - Is a Single Room Worth it?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Is a Single Room Worth it?

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Compared to a double/triple/quad or a bunk & loft?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
20 replies

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

A photo of jzliu jzliu
learn to :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx
erm why would you get a suite anyway, if you can't cook? It'd be a lot less trouble living in traditional, since you won't have to worry about learning how to cook as well as studying and all that. Unless of course you get a meal plan and live in a suite, which would def. be a waste on money.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

A photo of chatmike chatmike
Bates is... nice. When you walk in, it looks like a swimming pool lol. The big towering blue walls. haha.

Each room comes with a common room and kitchen. So you'll still need to learn how to cook if you want to save money since apartment style is more expensive.

Best traditional style is Les Prince. It's the newest and every room comes with a bathroom. It's also one of the hardest to get into.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Yaroslav64 Yaroslav64

@Respects wrote
What are other well liked traditional residences? I saw Brandon and it looked alright but seemed to be secluded at the far end of campus.

The residence buildings are set up in two clumps they're all roughly the same distance away from classes so its really a nonissue
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I got a single. Should I keep it?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of threepointonefour threepointonefour
I didn't go to university at McMaster, but personally a single room was awesome for me. I was still in the middle of all of the action and fun at rez, but when I needed to retire to do homework or sleep I could do so whenever I wanted. Sure, it was a few extra dollars, but the fact that I did so well academically meant I kept my scholarship- which more than payed for the difference. Of course, some people really had a great time with their roommates, but in the end I think you can still get just as close to people without having to live with them. Just my opinion.
Was this helpful? Yes 0