yconic - Is anyone going to Waterloo Environmental Engineering?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Is anyone going to Waterloo Environmental Engineering?

A photo of kudo kudo
I am down to 3 schools:
Waterloo - Environmental Engineering Coop
McMaster - Chemical Enginerring coop
Queens - Chemical Engineering
Some friends are firmly against Waterloo becuase they claim l will be doing my coop discarding human excreta. However, yesterday another friend working as a civil engineer advised me to stick with Waterloo because there are more job opportunities for the Environmental engineer. He discountend the notion that env engineers only work in waste industries. Moreover, he said he has chemical engineering friends looking for employment right now. I don't want to go to school for school sake. I want to be able to pay off my OSAP upon completion. No joke. Folks, tell me what you think.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

This post was deleted

A photo of RandyK RandyK

@kudo wrote
I am down to 3 schools:
Waterloo - Environmental Engineering Coop
McMaster - Chemical Enginerring coop
Queens - Chemical Engineering
Some friends are firmly against Waterloo becuase they claim l will be doing my coop discarding human excreta. However, yesterday another friend working as a civil engineer advised me to stick with Waterloo because there are more job opportunities for the Environmental engineer. He discountend the notion that env engineers only work in waste industries. Moreover, he said he has chemical engineering friends looking for employment right now. I don't want to go to school for school sake. I want to be able to pay off my OSAP upon completion. No joke. Folks, tell me what you think.

As said, you will most likely be working in waste management. My sister dropped out of the same program at that same university years back because she was fed up with going to the dumpsite 4/5 days a week.

Think about it logically, would a fully certified envionmental engineer want to work at a dump site for their actualy job? no. possibly for co-op? yes.

I'd recommend you go to McMaster because you have gotten into the program you desired and their co-op is severely underrated.

Inbox me if you need anymore help. (I'm attending McMaster Engineering next year trying to major in Mechatronics)
Was this helpful? Yes 0