yconic - Is BMOS better than BCOMM at McMaster?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Is BMOS better than BCOMM at McMaster?

A photo of LLUS LLUS
I know BMOS student can take courses called business 1220, 2257 which is about case study. But because Western already have a really gooood business school-IVEY, so I'm not sure that the BMOS will be a better choice for me if I want to major in finance or doesn't matter where you go for undergrad, because I want to get a CFA or MBA from a Us top 40 school.

Thank you
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of koreanhendrix93 koreanhendrix93
I'd go for Mac.
Until I recently got into WLU BBA, I was most likely set on going there.

The trading floor facilities seem to be pretty decent, and would be a pretty good asset if you're going into finance. Yes, finance at DeGroote doesn't really cut it compared to QC, IVEY, or the other big schools, but I'm sure it would cut it just as, if not better than BMOS.

Sadly, I have a feeling that BMOS students after second year seem to be almost degraded in comparison to the other IVEY undergrads, and I never really would've liked the environment. That to me was a little turn-off.

On the other hand, DeGroote has their own commerce society. :) I'd just go to Mac, that's me, haha.

My 2 cents.
Was this helpful? Yes 0