yconic - Is Business Management at Ryerson a hard/stressful program?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Is Business Management at Ryerson a hard/stressful program?

A photo of grandview grandview
And if I only took Data Management in high school, and did NOT take advanced functions or calculus, will i struggle in this program? Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of jadey jadey

@grandview wrote
And if I only took Data Management in high school, and did NOT take advanced functions or calculus, will i struggle in this program? Thanks!

I don't think you can get accepted if you have neither adv. functions, or calculus.

These are admission requirements for that program.
http://www.ryerson.ca/undergraduate/admission/programs/business.html
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jelly jelly

@jadey wrote

@grandview wrote

I don't think you can get accepted if you have neither adv. functions, or calculus.

It says one of the three maths, so yes you can be admitted with only Data Management.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of grandview grandview
I got an offer from them, but I am scared because I did not take Adv. Functions or Calculus. I got an 81 in Data Management.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jadey jadey

@jelly wrote

@jadey wrote

@grandview wrote

It says one of the three maths, so yes you can be admitted with only Data Management.

Oh ya your right, lol. I get mixed up because most universities require advanced functions.

And most universities prefer Calculus over Data Management for business. I don't know if this is the case for Ryerson.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Sefear Sefear
Data will actually give you an edge going into Ryerson because you have two Statistics courses in the first year. I know a lot of people who took Adv. Functions and Calculus and are having a much harder time than people who took Data.

Back to your first question, I would say the program is stressful when exams and midterms come along but that's the same with any university. You're given 6 courses a semester, and some will have more intense workloads than others but the courses themselves aren't extremely hard; its all about the effort you put into each of them.

If you do go to Ryerson I highly recommend getting involved in some of the business groups they have to offer. It might add more to your workload but they are extremely rewarding and you get a lot out of them.

It all comes down to time management, I am apart of 2 different very work intensive groups, go to class on a regular basis, get all my work done and still have a lot of free time. It's only as stressful as you make it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0