yconic - Is it enough to be accepted to University of Toronto or Queen's University with a 84.5% average?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Is it enough to be accepted to University of Toronto or Queen's University with a 84.5% average?

A photo of jesuskim jesuskim
I am currently in grade 11, and want to attend Queen's University or University of Toronto engineering. Is it enough to be accepted to this program with a 84.5% average? I currently have..

Math-94%
English-73%
Physics-84%
Chemistry-85%
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of lolapop lolapop
Probably to Queen's and maybe to U of T depending on which type of engineering you applied to!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jesuskim jesuskim
I was thinking Electrical or Computer Engineering. How about Waterloo? I heard they are brutal for 1st year ECE program...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of maiad maiad
Once your in Waterloo your pretty much golden if you try your best. First year does have a very heavy course load where it's almost on average 7-8 hours of class a day and that not counting studying. My friend had a an average of 93% going in but now he has around a 2.8 GPA (which is around a 71 % I believe)but this fluctuation varies from person to person.He told me Waterloo bell curves A LOT since their examinations are mostly applied and none of which is just regurgitation. Pick what you feel is right and don't just look at the reputation as a standard for your choice because after all, you are going to spend your next 4-5 years there
Was this helpful? Yes 0