yconic - Is it hard to obtain a high average at the University of Toronto in the Social Sciences?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Is it hard to obtain a high average at the University of Toronto in the Social Sciences?

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I have heard so many contradicting things about UofT: either it's an amazing school with a prestigous reputation or it sucks because apparently it's impossible to get above a 60. Is this true? Most of these rumours I've heard are about the Life Sciences though, but does this also pertain to the Social Sciences? Courses like history, sociology, philosophy, political science etc.? I would love some advice on this because there has been a lot of hate towards UofT. I don't want to go to the school for its prestige, I want to go to get a quality education, but it is my first choice because it's pretty close for me (St. George Campus). Any input would be amazing!

Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

This post was deleted

A photo of Rockerchick94 Rockerchick94
I'm worried about the same things, i accepted my offer last week for Humanities (EL&S) for Woodsworth, but im scared at the same time!

Anyways, from what i've heard, the prof's are AMAZING; they really know their stuff and theyre entertaining i believe. A lot of prof's also bell curve marks, so idk whether that will work for us or against us!

Well, see you there next year! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
You will find a student at every single school who is failing and hates it. You will find a student at every single school that is doing really well and loves it. That's why you should take individual stories with a grain of salt.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AgriGen AgriGen
Its not as hard as people make it seem. I barely made it into Uoft and by the end of first year I was probably top 15% in my class. It will be a big jump from high school but as long as you put in the extra effort you should be able to get 80s in the social sciences.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@Rockerchick94 wrote
I'm worried about the same things, i accepted my offer last week for Humanities (EL&S) for Woodsworth, but im scared at the same time!

Anyways, from what i've heard, the prof's are AMAZING; they really know their stuff and theyre entertaining i believe. A lot of prof's also bell curve marks, so idk whether that will work for us or against us!

Well, see you there next year! :)

Congratulations! Hey, I've gotten accepted to Woodsworth too! I guess I'll see you next year!

And I hope the bell curve works for us! I've already accepted by offer too, but I was just feeling antsy, I guess. Anyways, thanks :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ffcelik ffcelik
My friend does all her work last minute and she's getting 70's, easy. She's doing a double major in Political Science and History, with an English minor, St. George.
Was this helpful? Yes 0