yconic - Is it just me? Or is this a bit ridiculous
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Is it just me? Or is this a bit ridiculous

A photo of Muirhead11 Muirhead11
Suck it up, buttercup. You're acting like this is some huge injustice against you. Stuff like this happens throughout all levels of life, be it school, work, or whatever. Life isn't fair, and school definitely isn't fair. Your really making a big deal out of nothing.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
15 replies

A photo of Millow Millow
Suck it up, buttercup. You're acting like this is some huge injustice against you. Stuff like this happens throughout all levels of life, be it school, work, or whatever. Life isn't fair, and school definitely isn't fair. Your really making a big deal out of nothing.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion

@Millow wrote

+1

It sucks, but get used to it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
It probably only seems unfair because the OP is artificially setting it up that way. He or she is telling us only the instances in which unfair things happened to him or her; he or she is NOT telling us instances in which unfair things happened to his or her friend but not to the OP. It's not that the OP is trying to be this way; just that he or she is human and, therefore, is upset by the unjust but doesn't really put much consideration into all the just things that happen around him or her.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
Life's unfair..
But it goes on.
Good things happen to good people.
Either your friend or you will pay for it later on in life, depending on who's right or wrong.. can't really tell in this situation since it only shows your point of view.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of fruitpunch9 fruitpunch9

@cyynthiia wrote
Life's unfair..
But it goes on.
Either your friend or you will pay for it later on in life, depending on who's right or wrong.. can't really tell in this situation since it only shows your point of view.

+1, believe in good karma, don't get frustrated although it seems really unfair to you, but i'm overwhelmed by the way your school deals with mark inflation.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
Rationality >> karma >>>>> luckiness
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of TheLaw TheLaw
i"m gonna repeat what everyone else said. Also that the chem mark increase you are talking about is not unfair, since the teacher took off the same part for everyone. But if you feel that your calculus mark is unfair (although it's just 1%, then either talk to ur teacher again or to ur guidance counselor, or both) if that doesn't help, then really, you just have to deal with it, since there isn't much u can do about it at that point.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of onlymatthew onlymatthew
The huge discrepancy between the standards of easy and difficult teachers is why the public school system is so exploitable!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@cyynthiia wrote
Life's unfair..
But it goes on.

My friend didnt do anything wrong... lol. It's just teachers akin' dumb
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of moodeline moodeline
What was the original post?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Starstruck Starstruck

@moodeline wrote
What was the original post?

+1!!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
^
Lol, I guess we were being a little too harsh.
It was about the OP who has a friend who applied to all the same schools and same programs and how they had similar marks...
Until they had a few certain classes with different teachers and how the OP's friend's teacher was a lot more lenient to bump the friend up a few percent while the OP had to work their butt off..
etcetc..
the usual rant about how unfair high school is.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of moodeline moodeline
Ha ha ha... Next year will prove how decent our high school education was. I just found out that our 'rival school' gives you a 1.1 for any AP classes you take.... I'm taking all IB and have a 88-90 average... Oh god how good would my average be if my school cheated like that? No wonder their kids get into Oxford/Harvard and ours don't...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@cyynthiia wrote
^
Lol, I guess we were being a little too harsh.
It was about the OP who has a friend who applied to all the same schools and same programs and how they had similar marks...
Until they had a few certain classes with different teachers and how the OP's friend's teacher was a lot more lenient to bump the friend up a few percent while the OP had to work their butt off..
etcetc..
the usual rant about how unfair high school is.

Nah, I deleted due to the particular information I provided, my friend surfs university forums (not sure if he does this one), but I dont really want him finding the post haha, cause he would know exactly who it is.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
I know how you feel. But I bet in the long run, the hard work and taking the right path will pay off.
Was this helpful? Yes 0