yconic - is it possible for someone to drop 4-5% after midterms in terms of their overall average in top 6?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

is it possible for someone to drop 4-5% after midterms in terms of their overall average in top 6?

A photo of zefyre zefyre
I'm scared because my average is rougly at 81.6 and the conditonal offer states i must keep an average of 78% or over therefore if i still put somewhat of an effort will i drop that low?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of crossyourfingers crossyourfingers
I'm scared because my average is rougly at 81.6 and the conditonal offer states i must keep an average of 78% or over therefore if i still put somewhat of an effort will i drop that low?

If you keep doing what you're doing you will be just fine! I would not start to let your marks in your top 6 begin to drop too low from what they're standing at right now because it only takes one significant mark drop to drop your overall average.

To show you how things would average out in a theoretical situation

Ex: If you had a:

You would have a average of 84.5 %

If some of the marks dropped to:

You would have an average of around 80.6 %

It is somewhat irritating that something as simple as dropping a few percentages in one of your two classes can affect your overall average, thus you should keep working hard!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Bluesharpies Bluesharpies
It really depends on how many courses you took for grade 12 and how well you did last semester.

I personally have 9 12 U/M courses, so I basically have three free opportunities to mess up (don't think about it that way though, LOL).

4/6 of my top 6 are coming from first semester, so I'm not worrying. Just look at all your marks, keep the prerequisites that will stay on your top 6 no matter what in mind, and, most importantly, keep working hard so you won't need to think about it.!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
Put all of your Grade 12 marks down (incl. midterms) and I can tell you.

If you don't have all of your Grade 12 courses done, you could still fail them and not get your OSSD. So of course you could drop 4-5%
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Emteezy Emteezy
^ please help :)

1st sem

2nd sem

my average is around a 84.6% and my conditional is above 78%
is it possible to lose my conditional? and how much can i drop ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Bluesharpies Bluesharpies
Just your top 6 won't help us figure out how much you can get away with. All your gr12 marks, what class is which, and what program you're applying to is all the information one would need to give you a definitive answer.

A 55 in English, for example, is a lot harder to deal with than a 55 in Kinese, simply because English is needed as part of a top 6 for ANY program, while Kinese is almost never a prerequisite, thus any other mark you have could easily replace it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Emteezy Emteezy
im applying to ted rogers for business management
my english mark is 84, math 84,
for second semester, i have business leadership and International business 90, 91% :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of zefyre zefyre
my english is most likely a 78-79
calc - 90
business management - 87
economics - 80
adv func - 77
international business - 80

I'm a part time student and i only take english and business management also
Was this helpful? Yes 0