yconic - is it possible to get into UTSG with a 78 average?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

is it possible to get into UTSG with a 78 average?

A photo of MedusaBrian MedusaBrian
Here's a bit of quick backgrounds:

I'm a 105D applicant to the University of Toronto ( Downtown Campus). I graduated in 2009 but didn't attend University because I point blank couldn't afford to without loans, so I worked. I got into every program I applied for back in the day ( in 09) but I've been lurking this website and times seem to have seriously changed. I would like to apply to the downtown campus because it would be much better for me work wise, but I only have a 78 average and am legitimately worried about my chances of success.

I'm also currently taking an ILC course out of interest and I can more or less smell a 90 over all, and I'll have to send the marks in anyways. If I use that in my top 6 I'll have an 81. I'm also looking in to snapping up one more ILC course for safety.

Can we be realistic about my prospects ( or lack thereof?) I have a backup, but I really, REALLY don't want to go to my backup school.

eng 86
ewc 84
Fif 86
HHG 70
MDM 72
CGW 70

= 78 average ( not including ILC courses)

PS: I'm applying for bioethics. Biology is recommended and I'm planning on taking that ( along with chem and advanced functions ) during the summer, but U of T doesn't accept those as part of the admissions average, if I understand correctly.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of larissa42 larissa42
verry useful website, shows averages of those who get accepted into each program, best of luck to you :)

http://cudo.utoronto.ca/2010/
Was this helpful? Yes 0