yconic - Is it possible to study at two different universities at the same time?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Is it possible to study at two different universities at the same time?

A photo of heartlesssoul heartlesssoul
Study full time in one and part time in the other?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
10 replies

This post was deleted

@Respects wrote
No and why would you want to? :compress:

There is some law?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of treecows treecows
Admissions happen through OUAC, and they don't let you accept two universities so I don't think its possible. You technically could attend a university and college at the same time though.

You can only study at 2 universities if that's your program (Ex Trent/Queen's ConEd) and you can always take courses at other schools in the summer and such.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@treecows wrote
Admissions happen through OUAC, and they don't let you accept two universities so I don't think its possible. You technically could attend a university and college at the same time though.

You can only study at 2 universities if that's your program (Ex Trent/Queen's ConEd) and you can always take courses at other schools in the summer and such.

Hmmmm So, I can only apply to university through 105? No other way?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

105? But yes there is only one way to apply to university, it's through OUAC / whatever is the provincial equivalent.

Logistically speaking I think it'll be near impossible to study at 2 universities anyways, and doing 8 courses a semester is pretty severe. There is no point of attending two universities concurrently.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of littleroom littleroom
Why are you even considering this...? You would kill yourself.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
The Waterloo/Laurier business/ computer program is pretty popular...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@heesoup wrote
The Waterloo/Laurier business/ computer program is pretty popular...

That's a program designed for two universities. They set it up so it's possible and doable.
But it's pretty much impossible to go to Laurier full-time to get a BBA and then going to Waterloo part-time pursuing a BA.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SUMmer123456 SUMmer123456
You probably could, but why you would evades me.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CatRunner CatRunner
If your university allows it, you can also take a course via "letter of permission" at another university. For example, if there is a course you are interested in at another university, and your university doesn't offer it, you can apply to take the course via "letter of permission" which will allow you to register at the second university, but have the course count towards your program at your "home" university.

Some schools also call this registering at a "visiting student." I have a friend here at Guelph who went home to Ottawa this summer - she is taking a calculus course at Carleton in the evenings via letter of permission over the summer months.
Was this helpful? Yes 0