yconic - Is it too late?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Is it too late?

A photo of kdun kdun
I applied to Mcmaster for Midwifery, but now I am thinking I also want to apply for social science. (late thinking about this I know)
The application deadline was Jan 11.. is it too late for me to add a new choice, and pay $45 and they still receive it?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of vslow vslow
Don't worry I changed my choices so many times on OUAC and I still got through. I switched one of my choices to UWO Kings and it went through, I changed it on Feb 7th. I'm sure you're still able to apply for Social Sciences and pay the additional fee, if not just change one of your choices! (:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of paulieex paulieex
I was wondering the same thing. I know that we are still allowed to add programs but will we be penalized, like considered last? If so, if I were to apply today to Queens Arts when do you think they'll get back to me by?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of vslow vslow

@paulieex wrote
I was wondering the same thing. I know that we are still allowed to add programs but will we be penalized, like considered last? If so, if I were to apply today to Queens Arts when do you think they'll get back to me by?

I don't think you'd be considered last, I mean if your grades are better than others then they'll probably consider your application equally. When I added UWO Kings, they said it would take at least two weeks for the marks from OUAC to get to them, so I don't think you'd be considered last. Just e-mail Queens if you aren't sure (:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of paulieex paulieex

@vslow wrote

@paulieex wrote

I don't think you'd be considered last, I mean if your grades are better than others then they'll probably consider your application equally. When I added UWO Kings, they said it would take at least two weeks for the marks from OUAC to get to them, so I don't think you'd be considered last. Just e-mail Queens if you aren't sure (:

Okay thank you so much! I was just hoping that I'd get accepted before midterm since they did do acceptance just this previous week :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of vslow vslow

@paulieex wrote

@vslow wrote

@paulieex wrote

Okay thank you so much! I was just hoping that I'd get accepted before midterm since they did do acceptance just this previous week :(

I don't think you'd make it for that wave, since they are already sent? And if it's before midterm isn't it just based off the grade 11 marks?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of faithedem faithedem
I was also considering this too, but more so the lines could, I apply to another university for another program? I realized I applied to the same faculty but for two different programs...don't ask why ! What do u guys think?

thanks a bunch :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of vslow vslow

@faithedem wrote
I was also considering this too, but more so the lines could, I apply to another university for another program? I realized I applied to the same faculty but for two different programs...don't ask why ! What do u guys think?

thanks a bunch :)

You can apply to a different university for another program, that's what I did like I took out Guelph and applied to UWO Kings after the deadline. I've never tried adding a fourth one, but I'm sure that's possible as well (:
Was this helpful? Yes 0