yconic - Is Laurier's CPE exam hard?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Is Laurier's CPE exam hard?

A photo of student92 student92
I am required to take this placement exam in order to enroll in my necessary math courses. Do I need to score a certain grade or is it just a simple evaluation?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of thecookiemonster thecookiemonster
no it's not hard lol

you need a 70 i think to take ma103 (the hardest math/cacl course) but if you are just taking ma129 (easy) then youre good. it will recommend a course based on how well you did but you can just ignore it.

oh and if you do really bad (like 0-15%) they will review your cpe and/or application or something and i dunno what they do, tell you your dumb?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of student92 student92

@thecookiemonster wrote
no it's not hard lol

you need a 70 i think to take ma103 (the hardest math/cacl course) but if you are just taking ma129 (easy) then youre good. it will recommend a course based on how well you did but you can just ignore it.

oh and if you do really bad (like 0-15%) they will review your cpe and/or application or something and i dunno what they do, tell you your dumb?

I don't have room for elective courses however since I am in a DD program, so I'm required to take ma103 or ma110. So I guess I NEED to score above 70?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of thecookiemonster thecookiemonster

@student92 wrote

@thecookiemonster wrote
no it's not hard lol

I don't have room for elective courses however since I am in a DD program, so I'm required to take ma103 or ma110. So I guess I NEED to score above 70?

i guess. i think you can take ma110 without a 70 but it is 1.0 credit (all year) which means you would have one extra course one semester i think.

it shoudln't be hard to get a 70. if you don't, myabe dd isn't a good idea :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
I myself haven't done it, but supposedly it's very easy.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of saber33 saber33
http://www.wlu.ca/documents/36341/SampleCPPE.pdf

That's a sample test. Looks very easy.
Was this helpful? Yes 0