yconic - Is my expected average good enough for Waterloo/ UofT Electrical/Computer Engineering?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Is my expected average good enough for Waterloo/ UofT Electrical/Computer Engineering?

A photo of plaidboy plaidboy
Hi Studentawards,

I applied to UofT/Waterloo for their ECE programs. I expect to end off with a 86-87 average and I'm going to do the EUCLiD contest. If specific marks are important, I'm most likely ending off with a mark in the 90s in calculus/vectors, and I finished with a 94 in advanced functions. I finished with a 83 in physics and I'll probably get the same in Chemistry, a bit less because the Chem tests are harder. I also have a part time job.

I know you guys hate these "Will I get accepted" topics, but Im starting to believe I might not make the cut for U of T and Waterloo so I just want some optimism so I can focus on my goal.

Thanks in advance for any feedback
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of Solontus Solontus
Based on your marks, I would say that you would probably make the cut-off for both UofT and Waterloo. However, they aren't really the highest marks, so the acceptance from both might be a little later. Waterloo was really late in giving me feedback from my application. UofT usually gives feedback earlier than Waterloo for engineering.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of plaidboy plaidboy
Okay thanks for the reply, makes me feel a lot better. I'm aiming for an 87 or 86.7 but I think 86 would be my lowest guarenteed average.Do you think having higher science/math marks helps me get accepted over other people?
Was this helpful? Yes 0