yconic - Is QC hard to get in for upper year entry?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Is QC hard to get in for upper year entry?

A photo of fyxx fyxx
Hi!Does anyone know if QC's upper year entry program hard to get in? If yes, how hard it could be, and I may think of transferring to other business schools, if not, QC would be definitely my first pick and what they most likely will look into?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of nazarus nazarus
If you can't get into Queen's from high school, you most certainly won't get into Queen's from university.

Dr. Nazarus
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of QueensHSL2011 QueensHSL2011
My understanding is that it's pretty difficult to transfer into the program after first year. Because there are a limited number of spots in the program, the number of students that enter the program can't be greather than the number of students leaving (transfering out). From my observation, that number is about 10 or so, but it'll probably be higher now with the greater class sizes. This is a question best asked to admissions, so definitely give them a call at 613-533-2218 or the Commerce Office at 613-533-2316. Hope that helps!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of fyxx fyxx

@nazarus wrote
If you can't get into Queen's from high school, you most certainly won't get into Queen's from university.

Dr. Nazarus

That sounds disappointing. My situation is I didn't apply to QC cuz I'm afraid I can't catch up the pace there and I will see after one year university study if I can handle it or not. Another reason is Kingston is a small town, I think there won't be many activities and off-campus work opportunities for me. But QC is the most admirable business school in Canada for me, if I'm doing well in my first year, I will definitely take a chance to get in there.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of fyxx fyxx

@QueensHSL2011 wrote
My understanding is that it's pretty difficult to transfer into the program after first year. Because there are a limited number of spots in the program, the number of students that enter the program can't be greather than the number of students leaving (transfering out). From my observation, that number is about 10 or so, but it'll probably be higher now with the greater class sizes. This is a question best asked to admissions, so definitely give them a call at 613-533-2218 or the Commerce Office at 613-533-2316. Hope that helps!

Thanks for your information provided here. As far as I know QC's course load and level is really intensive and highly competitive. Undoubtedly more than 10 students will transfer out. If GPA is the only measure to weigh my qualification, I don't think I'm competitive for upper entry level, but I heard that QC looks into EC equally important as academic achievements, I see it as a chance.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of GoBarca GoBarca

@fyxx wrote
Hi!Does anyone know if QC's upper year entry program hard to get in? If yes, how hard it could be, and I may think of transferring to other business schools, if not, QC would be definitely my first pick and what they most likely will look into?

have u considered ivey? if you want to transfer into QC after ur freshmen/sophomore yr, its a lot harder to fit in..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of fyxx fyxx

@GoBarca wrote

@fyxx wrote

have u considered ivey? if you want to transfer into QC after ur freshmen/sophomore yr, its a lot harder to fit in..

No, I didn't. For both QC and Ivey, I failed to apply for them cuz my application was sent in after their deadline.By the way, I think Ivey requires to finish two-years study to be considered, don't they?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of fyxx fyxx
Up~~~
Need more suggestion.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of PaperPen PaperPen

@fyxx wrote

@GoBarca wrote

@fyxx wrote

No, I didn't. For both QC and Ivey, I failed to apply for them cuz my application was sent in after their deadline.By the way, I think Ivey requires to finish two-years study to be considered, don't they?

You can apply for Ivey during your second year of university. There are some prereqs you have to meet, like certain courses, extracurriculars and marks. You should check the site for this.
I heard this around somewhere, that 1/3 of the students in Ivey applied during their second year, and the other 2/3 had the AEO status from highschool.
Was this helpful? Yes 0